Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been to atwood 3 times in last seven days.
1 20" channel
3 dink eyes 12" or less
4 perch
12 crappie all less than 10"
3 largemouth biggest 14"
5 white bass
I've been throwing everything I can at the saugeyes, but can't seem to catch any keepers. It seems like I'm marking lots of fish, but they seem to have lock jaw.
Does anyone have any suggestions on this lake?

·
Off The Hook
446 Posts
Keep at it the lake is full of small eyes this year. Try a good old jig and twister thats what i'v got most of my fish on this year. In resent weeks iv got some on a vibe and shad rap also. Had one of my best days a few weeks ago when the water was real high pulled 13 with 2 keepers, but this weekend only got five with 1 keeper. Good luck out there.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Early morning and late evening. Stay skinny, 3-4 fow or less. Vib-e's Hopkins Spoons. Find sand flats off rocks and rip rap. If the spoons and blade baits don't produce. Go light, 7' medium/light spinning rod 6-8 lb Trilene XL use a 1/32, 1/16, or 1/8 oz jigs tipped with a one inch chunk of night crawler I prefer black, pink, chartruse, and sometimes yellow or even orange. Drift or slow troll the jigs close in to shore working your way further out. Sometimes fish will hold right on the breaks or downward slopes to deeper water. I've found that on overcast and or slightly windy days with a little chop to the water shad raps or wall-e-divers cast or trolled in theses same areas will also produce fish. Keep at it you'll find them. And when you do even if they aren't keepers take time to write down what you used, where you where, time of day, weather conditions, water temp and color. Depth speed ect. ect. It helps a bunch to have notes to refer back too. The Wood is a tough nut to crack for Eyes sometimes so you just have to put in time and always keep notes. I hope this helps man, good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts