Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read on the ohio dnr fishing report that the white bass are biting at Atwood. i have never fished that lake before and any help locating/targeting them would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to go out and enjoy the nice weather lately because of work so some catching instead of fishing would be great!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The white bass have started schooling at Atwood which makes them easier to target. Try in the early morning or evening when the lake is calmer, look for places where the surface water looks to be boiling or there is a multitude of fish surface rings. White bass school to drive minnows into tight groups then drive them to the surface making the water appear to boil. These can happen anywhere on the lake but some of the regular places are just off the west marina entrance, the bar that runs from the beach about half way across the lake, the large flat due east of the boaters swim area in the west end of the lake, the flat just out from the SR212 dam area.

Good Luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
we were catching them 3 weeks ago in pretty good size but lately we can't find them anywhere ?
We were catching Perch last week, I didn't know Atwood even had Perch in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts