Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water late around 8am. Picked up a few hammer handle eyes soon after that.The White bass seemed to slow down a bit. Didn't see as many pods as i have the last few weeks.Don;t get me wrong there still there and biting Caught around a dozen before noon.Biggest was 12in.Hit the normal hot spots looking for eyes Managed ten for the trip but nothing over 13.5in. I did catch what i think is this spring stocking Two eyes that were 4.5 inches long ..Smallest i have even caught.. Talked to one other troller..Said he landed a 26er Thurs..Thats a nice eye..

Good to see out Jeff ''Wickford''..My old spot produced a few more fish .As you can see nothing to brag about.Tried to find you before i left ..Where you go ?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
What kinda eyes are ya talking about? I thought atwood was full of saugeye, or is it walleye your cathing?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Just wonderd. I used to nail the saugeyes out of nimi, now that they switched to walleye its tough. it seems like saugeye are definatly a more aggresive fish. good luck!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yep, we were out Sunday too...Hit the water around 7am. Nothing to speak of brought into my boat...I was skunked, but my buddy ended up with about 6 or 7 fish. One eye about 14-15 inches, and some small perch, white bass, and bluegill...Definitely a tough day!

Mike, we had to head in around 11:30 (direct order from SWMBO), you were way down the lake by then, so we couldn't catch up to ya before heading in...

Beautiful day to be out, but I sure wish they would have been biting better...Maybe next time!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts