Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Atwood in the eve. on Sun. Caught a few decent bass and managed a 19" eye and lost a beauty at the boat. I didn't cuss at all. (yeah right) :mad: Snapped me off at the edge of the boat. After watching her swim away I have decided to upgrade to 10# flourocarbon instead of 8# I couldn't believe how hard she fought for a saugeye. Sounded more like a northern or muskie trying to get the net under her. As soon as I get this %#[email protected] camera to work again I will post a pic I took. Water is 52 at the damn and 67 in the back bays at Delroy. All fish were caught in 5 foot or less on spoons. It's getting close to prime time. Can't wait.

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Congrats eyes
Nice to hear the eyes maybe starting to turn on at atwood . Should be a good year there . Thanks for the report

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
by the way nice pike pic. i have never seen anyhing like that. Those were way to cool . Where did you catch the pike ??

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great catch! Hopefully that's a sign of what's to come this year at Atwood! We're overdue for a great fishing year there!!

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't catch that pike Mike. I found that picture somewhere on the net and thought I'd post it. It's a siamese northern pike that someone caught. I'm pretty sure that is a real picture. It's amazing the thing(s) didn't die. I've seen 2 headed turtles and 5 legged sheep and stuff on the news, but that pike just blew my mind.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The flourocarbon line comment was an inside joke to a friend of mine. (Long story but funny.) In all seriousness I am going to look into different brands as far as overall strength. I like to use it (8# Berkley Vanish)to make leaders out of but up until Sunday I never had any problems with it. Of course till ya say that anyways. Murphys Law was alive and well on Sunday. If anyone catches a big saugeye with a firetiger spoon hanging on it's lip, say hello for me.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Is the reward for the spoon or the fish? I'll keep an eye out for it, might go down Sat. if the weather cooperates this weekend.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can have both the spoon and the fish. Heck I just wanted to get a weight and a measurement...and may be just one little taste.
But NOOOOOOO!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts