close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Atwood Spillway (the forks)1-2-05

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Action, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Fished from 9 - 1:30 got 4 bites caught 2 saugeye 16" & 18". Saw a fair size pike swimming around, he wasn't biting though. Caught them on 1/4 oz chart.
    twister tail. Nothing on chubs.

2. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

jim

dont know where the forks are but it must be nice catching a fish. LOL next time the weathers decent let me know when you are going again.

Brian

3. Just park at Atwood spillway and walk down the cement overflow to the woods and you'll see a path. Its about a mile walk but sometimes well worth it. Lots of pike and saugeye at times and its an awesome looking spot where the spillway meets Conotton Creek. Its probably flooded right now but the spillway isn't and while it never produces numbers I've seen saugeye over 10lb come out of there and personally caught pike over 12lb there.

4. I might have to give the spillway a try this weekend. I need to get out and fish and everything else is flooded.

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I am with ya on that one Fishing_marshall! I am thinking on Piedmont along with Cheezemm, but may also think about a spillway!

6. i went to atwwod spillway today the water is up but it fishable thought about going down this weekend myself maybe saturday afternoon or sunday morning anyone want to go let me know as i dont care to fish alone.