Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Atwood spillway yesterday with my woman. We both got a small saugeye. I got 2 bullhead, 1 channel cat, 2 gills. She got 2 bowfin and a carp. Anyone know anywhere else the saugeye are hitting? I usually don't catch them untill late fall but we were getting lots of hits jigging! Doesn't mean they were saugeye but id like to think so.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
726 Posts
The odnr report two weeks ago said saugeye were hitting in the tusc river. Probably below the dover dam area I would figure. I haven't got any saugeye since spring. But I also haven't visited my favorite places yet for fall. I am looking into more places to go. I also got tips that you could find them at beach city out flow. Hope you find them and best of luck.

promag

·
Registered
228 Posts
beach city is a joke i dont know why the state hasnt drained and cleaned out that lake-back in early 80s u could catch bass there it was nice

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea beach city sucks. Ive heard of saugeye there too but ive never had luck. Im at bolivar dam as i write this, used to be my go to place. Lately it sucks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
ive also never caught a saugeye there turtles,couple pike and carp and catfish now-im not saying there are no eyes there but there are better places to go, t hows the fishing been there have not heard much all year

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
People say they still catch them.there..ive never got anything but crappie lol. Still a good time

·
Registered
192 Posts
My two favorite saugeye spills are Wills Creek and Salt Fork. Another good one is Charles Mill. Water level plays a big part in spill fishing. Pay attention to the water level and flow rates. Good luck out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts