atwood saugeyes 2008

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tenpoint33, Apr 13, 2008.

1. tenpoint33

tenpoint33 tenpoint33

Looking to share info on this years bite. I'm going to start fishing this week. Any info would be appreciated.

2. You and me both. I want to get down there this weekend. Are the boat ramps useable yet?

3. I'm anxious to hear about Atwood too!! Haven't been by there since last fall, and the last I heard, the water level was still VERY high from the flooding last month. I'm told by the marina that they aren't putting the docks in until May 1st. Really stinks for me, cuz I dock with them, and I'm boatless until them docks go in...

But from everything I've read, this should be a good year for saugeye...We had a lot of success with them last year in the 11-13 inch range, so if they've grown the normal amount (I've heard 3-6 inches per year, but I'm not sure about that) then it could be a good year...Although I think that every year, so I guess we'll just have to see what happens!

4. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Yes you can use both ramps. I have not been down yet, but have heard the water is still high . You can not use the turn around part of the east ramp (due to high water), but can back down to the to launch. Maybe going for a quick after work trip this week .I'll keep you posted. Eyes are being reported caught off the rocks by the east marina .

5. mirrocraft mike

Dang Wickford
    We were both posting at the same time about our home lake. We need to hook up again this year and wet a line.

MAY ????:mad:

I'll see what i can do about getting you on the water before then

6. Which two ramps are open? West marina? East Marina?

The ramp at the dam off SR212 still looked flooded Thursday of last week, I couldn't see the concrete divider.

I was going to try this Thursday in the AM.

7. mirrocraft mike

The East for sure is useable by backing down it .You can't use the turn around as it is flooded. The dam end ( West) had trailers in it Saturday by word of mouth . My buddy put in on the East side and took a boat ride to the West .

8. Hey Mirro,

Yep, May?? I know, that really stinks!! But I guess there's not much they can do about the flooding!!

We'll definitely have to get together one of these days soon!! Everytime I go in my garage, my fishing gear just taunts me!!!

9. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

Nice, a Wickford sighting! I will have to outfish you this year!

10. I am anxious to see what kind of year it's going to be for saugeye down there too. I'll be hitting it soon and often and will post results.

11. Dam ramp is usable, started Wednesday night open bass tournaments

12. Briansipe17 and Wickford you guys should come up to westbranch next weekend for a crappie tourny. i Plan on out fishing both of you like i did last year at the meeting

13. Okay fball fisherman...Looks like the gauntlet has been presented!! Game on!! We'll come out to westbranch with ya, but then you'll have to come to atwood with us, and we'll see who goes home cryin'!! (I gotta a good feeling about atwood this year!!) haha!!! :p

14. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

Haha, I just figured out who this is... the only reason you hooked a fish was because you were using my pole and gear! Otherwise, you'd have been smelling the old skunk!

15. sounds great!! i look forward to fishing with you guys this year

16. I had pretty high hopes for Atwood last year and for some reason the keepers were unusually hard to come by. I fished the lake probably 15 times or so and the largest one I got was around 19-20" with only a small hand full in the 15-17" range. The average seemed to be 10-12"
    One thing I have found is that where there is one dink there are a million dinks. If I start catching the little guys I move to a different spot now where I used to stay hoping for bigger fish that just aren't there. The bigguns are probably in about 3ft. of water right now eating and enjoying the warmer water.

17. mirrocraft mike

alleyes

Couldn't agree with you more. Did get quite a few around that 13/15 range BUT MAN did we get a bunch of hammer handles last year. Guess i need to move sooner:) LOL Managed a few 18/23 VERY FEW !! My hopes are even higher this year.
    Plan on making my first trip there this afternoon. Hope to be on the water by 4 ish

18. I'm thinking about heading down tomarrow morning. Has anyone caught anything down there , let alone been on the lake yet?

19. mirrocraft mike

Been mosty quiet ,but the high waters have left this lake ALMOST unfishable by boat the last few weeks. Some have managed to get out. I heard a few reports of Crappies being caught with a few eyes along the way. I would think the eyes should be close to prime time .... I'll post tonight on my trip. Hopefully i will have something to report. My nephew told me theres been TONS of bank fisherman lately Good luck Saturday

Leaving work early should be on the water by 1:00

20. results for me last year were about the same as the rest here, except, I never caught anything over 15...Lots in the 10-13 range...Hopefully they've grown up over the winter!!!