Ohio Game Fishing banner

Atwood saugeye and crappie pointers/tips

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  wave warrior 
#1 ·
Hello, im taking a buddy out fishing tomorrow. Taking the boat to Atwood. I unfortunately havent had much time to fish this year with house projects. Only fished atwood once in early spring this year and caught a bunch of keeper saugeye and crappie in the coves/trees using slip bobbers and a few trolling. But I know with the water temps this high they will no longer be where they were in the spring. This is the first time my buddy will be out in my boat and i dont want to disappoint! I was thinking about trolling larger flicker shads or maybe just bottom bouncing some minnows or worms? I was looking for any help or tips any of you guys are willing to share. What style or types of baits/techniques is working right now and a depth range to concentrate on. Im not necessarily looking for peoples “honey holes”.... unless you want to share that?! Haha. Again going for crappie and saugeye and we are going around 4 til dark. Thanks for any help and tight lines! If any of you guys will be out there tomorrow, we will be in a 14ft monark V-bottom with a 25 mercury. Say hi!

thanks,
Brandon

#4 ·
Couldn't find any saugeye yesterday but the white bass were quite active.They were breaking the surface and I was sitting on top of a school in 14ft of water catching on vibes.Yesterday they were near the first point on the right as you go up the lake from the dam.I just can't catch saugeye this time of year at atwood .The white bass are fun to catch but not what I was fishing for

#11 · (Edited)
Ok? Haha thanks for that help buddy
I should have been more specific I suppose,sorry if I came off abruptly.
The saugs there really shut down when the water warms up so I don't fish there in the summer. Other than that I do well in 5-10' of water. If I was to hit it now I'd target the mid lake points near where the cabins were on the peninsula and near the boater swim area

#16 ·
Interesting, thanks for that! Never would have thought shallow. I was planning to troll 12-16ft of water. Ill check the shallows also now!
7'-9' I've done decent in summer but I rarely go there from memorial day to labor day , just too crowded with inexperienced pleasure boaters

Reactions: Upland
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.