close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Atwood Lake Fishing

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RONK, Oct 12, 2004.

1. I'm heading down to Atwood Lake this weekend. Was wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers. I've never fished the lake before, & would like to try for some saugeyes, crappie. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Dingo

Dingo

I typically don't have good success down there this time of year, even though I should. Guess that I don't fish there enough to figure out a pattern. Areas to try for saugeye are close to the dam (west side of lake), at a few points a bit east of the dam on the north side of the lake. Try jigging spoons or vib-e's around the breakpoints of the point or on the top of the point early morning or late in the day. These points go out pretty far, so a wide area can be fished on each of these points.

There's also some good spots off of the boater's beach (further east on the north side) and on the south side of the lake near a point by the atwood lodge. Don't be afraid to fish extremely shallow water, since the saugeyes may move to water 3' or less at times.

Have also caught them on the east side of the lake, near the 'east marina' area. There is a railroad bed and old creek bed crossing this area, providing some nice structure. Good luck -- I'm trying to schedule a trip of two down there before things get too cold.

3. but you might not have a boat by then. haha. you could always join my wife and i if you'd like. good luck anyway!!!

SM