close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

atwood ice

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by slf, Feb 16, 2005.

1. slf

slf

Anybody know if Atwood will be fishable this weekend?

2. I hope its fishable sunday or monday. Its supposed to get cold.

3. Not by this weekend, its pretty open right now.

4. You could just drive around some places on rt212 you can drive right onto a lake. Do you know if the car just east of Summerdale has been pulled out? It had only the roof, or a small pile of snow peeking out.

5. I recant my first statement. This end of the lake is wide open but the lodge has over an inch right now. I checked it this morning. It maybe good by the weekend.

6. shortstroke

shortstroke Shortstroke

Just drove by Atwood this morning. Not sure what above the yacht club point looks like but for the most part the below it the lake is still iced over. There are some small spots that are open: around the dam, the launch ramp and the point at the campground but my guess is that it isn't safe since there was only 4 to 5 inches of clear last Sat in front of the beach and also by the launch ramp area. Leesville had almost 6 inches of ice last weekend and now only has 3 inches of clear ice with a few open spots in the lake now.

7. slf

slf

anybody going to try atwood saturday?

8. slf

slf

fished atwood this morning by the lodge for about an hour and a half. Ice was 3 1/2" to 4" of clear ice. The vexilar wasn't showing many fish, and the ones it did show weren't biting so I gave up.