Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of hitting Atwood next week and heard through the grapevine that crappie was hitting may try old cemetery area any advise on other areas that may produce?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I avoid that place like the plague in summer!!!! P?ace is a madhouse, , especially on weekends!! But nice size crappie there , usually in 12-18 fow in summer ,

Reactions: Upland

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
there used to be a nice spring water drinking place up the hill from the cemetery. wonder if its still there. dad took us there fishing just back about 60years. mike maybe we should troll that area.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there used to be a nice spring water drinking place up the hill from the cemetery. wonder if its still there. dad took us there fishing just back about 60years. mike maybe we should troll that area.
sound like a plan just say when

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Point on SW corner heading into cemetery area from main lake is normally very productive. Fish about 25-30 yards off shore. Catch my largest crappies in that location.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the area has grown a lot many housing plots have went in and did away with the spring water drinking place there was one at Walborn right down from where we fish on Petrie rd people used to get water there until the guy that had the property put a table with a donations cup out and some kids destroyed it so he capped the well that water was so good

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Point on SW corner heading into cemetery area from main lake is normally very productive. Fish about 25-30 yards off shore. Catch my largest crappies in that location.
sounds right that water leading into the cemetery is about 18 ft deep right

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I avoid that place like the plague in summer!!!! P?ace is a madhouse, , especially on weekends!! But nice size crappie there , usually in 12-18 fow in summer ,
I know what you mean about the madhouse but hey it's crappie I'm searching for so I'll hold the gate to hell open for Crappie Lol

Reactions: wave warrior

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
sounds right that water leading into the cemetery is about 18 ft deep right
If my memory isn’t slipping, it’s between 14-16’ with multiple humps at 10-12’. Much of my success in that area is due to the brush and weeds that scatter the water off of the point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts