close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Atwood 8/16

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by wickford, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Fished Atwood last night from about 5pm to 9:30pm...Had a pretty good night...Fished with BrianSipe17 and we ended up with 6 eyes (4 keepers!!), a few catfish (1 was around 2 pounds), a couple white bass (one over 14 inches), and 1 bluegill...all in all it was a great evening on the water!! Hopefully this is a sign of more good fishing to come!!!

Hoping to get out tomorrow for some more action!!!

Mirro, you really don't need to paint that dining room do ya??!!! Heck its a new house, so just tell your wife that the paint the builder put on is good for at least 3 years!! hahaha!!!

2. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Good job Wickford and SIPE17 Is it true he still wears his 17 jersey around LOL I hope to be chasing those eyes Sat. Morning .
    Glad to hear YOU are stepping up to the plate and calling my wife about the painting thang. Thats what Fishing brothas do for each other THANKS

Be ready for this :: Mike's old boat didn't leak but he still brought a new one and the paint was fine also Maybe you should help him that way he could get done faster and be on the water longer.
    OK i added the last line

3. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

I just got done cleaning fish from Atwood. That is something I never thought I'd be saying!

4. Well, I'm sure my opinion about the painting will mean nothing to your wife, but hey gotta try!! haha!!!

I figured you snuk that last line in!! I don't think I'd be allowed to help anyone paint anything, since my wife has been asking me for 2 years to get our foyer painted!! fortunately though, I don't have a ladder tall enough to reach it!! haha!!

Hopefully I'll see ya out there on Saturday...If not, maybe we can hook up sometime next week on the lake!

5. what are the eye's hitting are they takin a slow bait or are they hitting crankbaits . heading down saturday as well i'll be in a older grey blazer with a green/grey boat. should get down there around 7:00 am or so. maybe i'll see you guys.

6. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

well, we were letting them slowly bounce off the bottom. Crawlers got more hits than minnies. I tossed a couple crankbaits, but no hits.

7. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

Mirrocraft Mike- I would still wear my old 17 jersey if it still fit! The only problem is it was my first ever jersey and I was like 5-6 years old!

What was really disgusting was when a punter (Gardocki) was wearing 17... it just ain't right!

8. Good job on the eyes! I will be getting down there within the next few days. As always, thanks for the reports.

9. I may still have a Logan jersey around here somewhere. LOL! I swear them Kardiac Kids took a few years off my life. Not to mention the drive and the fumble. I'll be watching for a Quinn appearence tonight. Hopefully the kid can put some excitement back into us old dawgs.

10. got down late today had to go buy a new fuel tank for my outboard someone stole my old one i left it in the boat thinking it would be ok since i had the cover on the boat but i pulled the cover off and sure enough it was gone. anyway we got there around noon and fished till about 5:00 or so i caught 2 11 inch eyes and 2 small channel cats about 10 or 11 inches long and one decent bluegill i think i would have done better had i got there earlier. all fish were caught on a chart. jig head with a one inch piece of crawler trolled really slow in about 3 to 6 feet of water. i may try it again next weekend .

11. We were down there from about 2-8, but we were with my brother in law and his wife so we were pleasure boating more than fishing...Did get to wet a line for a short while though...caught 4 white bass and 2 blue gills...we weren't fishing real seriously though...Just wetting a line while we cooked dinner...

Hoping to get out this week to target some eyes...Last week we were having luck with a very slow retrieve, or drifting small jigs (gold and chartreuse) with about 2 inches of nightcrawler on them...

12. mirrocraft mike

SSam
    sorry just read this . Would have been nice to meet you. Keep a eye out for me also Red Alumacraft yamaha50 / six hp kicker Slow was the key jig/worm deeper edges of shallow flats

13. mirrocraft mike

I didn't fair much better during the morning hrs.of the 18th. Hit the water around 7 and off by noon .One decent eye at 18in. and a half/dozen hammer handles ,CATS , CATS , CATS ran into a mess them in a spot where i have never caught any . the best was a 19 and a dozen 9 to 10 inchers All caught trolling a jig/worm. Stinks about your tank

14. we were hitting those cats along the point right straight across from the 212 launch i bet my buddy matt caught at least a dozen of those ten inch channels he was pretty steamed. as for the tank i did need a new one and had planned on getting one for it after this season was over i wouldnt have been so mad if the dam thing wasnt 3/4 of the way full thats what tick me off more than anything but the new one is locked in the shed .