close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Atwood 8-10-07

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by olejoe, Aug 10, 2007.

1. olejoe

olejoe sr

Was at Atwood this a.m. for about 4 hrs and caught 4 bass and a bonus crappie. Biggest bass was about 3 1/2 and the other three didn't measure up to the crappie. Go figure. The water had a little color to it as always and hit all the community holes. Just tough fishing lately.

2. Hey olejoy, I am going to fish Atwood for the first time in a couple of weeks. A day tourniment. Do you have any tips for an old man to try? I like pads and shallow cover, but I can do some deep jig fishing if I need to. Thanks,

3. chopper - Good luck. There are absolutley no pads in the lake. Excecpt down by Dellroy, and it is really shallow at that end of the lake. I would focus on rock points.

Best of luck!

4. no pads on the lake, but lots of boat docks! I hear that they produce well, although, I've not actually fished them for bass...

5. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Wicks got you going in the right direction . But there are pads LOTS o PADS .They are the floating 40 ft pads.. Comes with ALL the comforts of home. Have done pretty good flippng them in the past .Not sure about this time of the year though . Good luck

6. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Chopper is that a club or open tourney thanks

7. Hey Flipp, its a club tourniment. Thanks all for the info. I will post back to see how good of teachers you all are. I am going to try everywhere you guys said. Like I said, I always wanted to fish there, just haven't.