close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

atwood 7/24

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mirrocraft mike, Jul 25, 2007.

1. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

What a differance a few days make. Last Thursday 7/19 had a decent evening for eyes .Tuesday hit the water around 3:15p and fish hard until 8:00p NO EYES ,one gill,one cat,one white bass all small .The best fish was a number ten combo meal from McDonalds on the way home . Did see around 30 deer traveling Bark Rd. back to Louisville, Few nice Bucks and some Mama's with there young . This is to early to get the fever ,but it got my blood flowing a little better

2. Very tough night on the water!! we fished from about 4-9 and nothing!! Even tried my catfish spot, and didn't have any luck there!! Hopefully next time they'll be biting...

It was good hooking up with you out there again Mike! Looking forward to our next trip!! Hopefully Friday!

3. hey if you guys have a 9.9 try leesville for the saugeyes, they are hitting around the dam just before dark. leesville is not known for them so many people dont fish. I caught 6 on sunday biggest around 3.5.

good luck

4. I swear that Atwood saugeyes will drive you nuts some days. One day they are on fire and the next day it's the dead sea. The only pattern I have found so far is that I do best on bright, sunny days. You would think that would be the opposite for the light-sensitive saugeyes, but I think the highly stained water filters out much of that light by the time it gets down to the eyes.

5. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Saildog
    I would agree i have had some very productive days when it was hot and sticky out .Mid August comes to mind .This year it's been one trip on the next off .

Dukeanddaisy
    First off welcome to the the boards and Thanks for posting. Don't have a 9.9 ,but have a 6hp kicker to putt me around. Don't know whats stopping me from going .Been hearing about lees. eyes for a while now. The guys that fish for them are very tight lipped about catching them. Heard you will not catch numbers ,but the ones you do catch are nice 2lb avg. You fish for them often ??

Wickford
    Was good to hook up with you also .Friday can not be any worse than Tuesday. Hopefully we see each other on the water