close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

atwood 7/19 alive and well

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mirrocraft mike, Jul 20, 2007.

1. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Weather held off . No thunder/lighting or down pours just that steady off and on rain .Hit the water by 4:15p .Seen a beautiful rainbow appeared to be coming straight from the lake .Wind (west to east ) was perfect for drifting my(everyones) favorite piont .First drift DOUBLE on Two small gills :eek: Second run three small gills :mad: Moved out a little and it was on .First eye was a 15in then two at 18in followed by six more at 15in throw in a few cats, white bass ,and perch made this trip a good one. Wacthed another boat net a fat 21in . At 6:15 all fish got lock jaw . Fish for a hour NOTTA a bite .Where are those gills now :confused: Had the boat on the trailer just before a down pour Nothing like getting off the water JIT style JUST IN TIME Thank you fish for not biting one more eye and i would have been soaked . My six horse kicker just don't cut it

2. Sounds like you had a good night!! Where were you??? We got a late start as we were trying to figure out what the weather was going to do...Got on the water at about 6:30 and the bite was slow...Nothing at first spot...Second spot was hot for bites but not many hook ups...my buddy caught 1 15" eye, and a couple of dink channel cats...I had 1 nice hook up but it snapped my line...Not sure what it was, but its got a nice jig stuck in its mouth!! Beautiful night on the water...Just a light sprinkle on our way out then sunny and nice until about 9:15...downpour just as we pulled into the dock!!

Sorry I missed you out there Mirro!! I can't believe we didn't cross paths as there was nobody on the water!! Oh well...Maybe we can hook up next week...

what were the eyes hitting on for you?

3. mirrocraft mike

Wickford hard to believe we missed each other . No trialers at the east marina and only two at the dam ramp. Seen two boats and there were hitting the same area as I . Mainly fished (2hrs) the west end piont then moved to the beach .My clock is off a little as i was on the water by 3;30 and first time check 7:30 was when i was trailer and ready to leave .Are you saying you didn't get that down pour at 7:30 ?? Where were you at that time ? Eyes were hitting on the Jig/worm .I motored back on the other side but kept a eye out for you . Glad to hear you all got a eye keep at them

4. at about 7:30 we were at the beach area, and the shore line across from there...No downpour at all!! It sprinkled a little on our way out which was probably around 6:20 or 6:30. Then we hit a downpour as we were heading in to the dock at around 9:30...That was it...!

Strange that it was pouring where you were loading up!! Did you launch at the dam, or east marina?

5. mirrocraft mike

I was at the dam end ramp . Then driving back it ended by the time i hit the main road ,but i could look out onto the water and still see the rain .Strange evening i had on my rain gear a 1/2 dozen times, Just little breaks in the clouds kept me going .