Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Atwood today with a couple of clients (seanb19 and another guy) for a business meeting on the water. Started looking for eyes, but all the usual spots were filled with boats. Drifted a little at the sunken island with no results. Started trolling over towards the ledge and found more boats. decided to head to another spot and found ourselves in the middle of a school of white bass. Started casting and slammed about 25 of them! All were 11-15 inches!! very nice fish! Decided to head over to my favorite spot for eyes and picked up 4 before we left...2 15 inches and a 13 incher also had a 11 incher that went back in the lake to grow up...On the water by 8:30, off by 12:30. All in all, a great morning!! Here's a pic of the cooler before we left...Seanb19 might have some better pics to post, but all I had was my phone camera...

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
good job wickford, nice cooler of dandys! those are a blast especially when your using the light rods and using ur drag..good deal on the eyes, what were you using? how many fow? were the fish on bottom ? just curious havent been able to get anything big in the boat lately..i think they are def into a summer pattern that i have not yet figured out.

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
He.. YEAH
Nice day my man..You were due for a GREAT day at Atwood... Well ......Did get any business out of this ?
I think a Follow up meeting is in order ;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
I need to get back to Atwood here very soon, wouldn't the fish head to deeper water if the Water Temp is around 81 degrees now ?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
well its good to see some of you guys are getting out. my summer has been shot my boat and trailer are in the middle of a complete overhaul, and i'll be lucky to get it on the water for the fall bite. i have been fishing the Muskingum River when i can and have been getting pretty good numbers of sauger and hybrid stripers. but i'll tell ya it just aint the same as being out in the boat trolling. my arms are getting huge from all the casting and retrieving i have to do while fishing the river. lol! well at least i'll be all buff by the end of summer lol. way to on your catch, just imagine one of those white bass going 28 inches and weighing ten pounds. thats what we have been catching down on the Muskingum they are powerful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts