Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water at 5:30 pm . Fished until 8:15 pm . Caught 11 eyes total . Biggest was 17 . Eight of them where 14/15 and ONLY TWO cigars. This is MUCH better then last year for size . Most where caught on jig/minnow drifting and a few super slow trolling back up . Eyes were hitting very very lite . If you feel it leave the bottom set the hook . My Buddy missed a bunch .

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For you Crappie guys .When pulling out the boat I ran into a fellow that had a basket FULL of SLAB crappies . He wasn't to willing to say where he caught'em . Although i really didn't ask him exactly where . Can't blame him !!! It was nice to see a basket like that .
Atwood is alive this year

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was out last night with a buddy too...ZERO eyes for us!! They were definitely biting as we had lots of bites, but we just couldn't seem to hook up. Mirrocraft Mike has the technique mastered!! 4 or 5 boats circled in the same general area and Mirro was the only one reeling them in!!

I guess I'll have to work on my technique a bit!! Still a great night to be out!

Mirro, we came back around looking for you at around 8:30 or 8:45 and you must have already been gone...

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the guy with the crappies might have been old joe ,he knows that lake well . older red boat . nice guy but don;t tell .
It was a older ( i think red ) boat with all the lettering worn off. Super nice guy talked about everything except where he caught them . Pretty smart on his behalf. That hole would have been fished out as a few others were also checking out his catch .

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was out last night with a buddy too...ZERO eyes for us!! They were definitely biting as we had lots of bites, but we just couldn't seem to hook up. Mirrocraft Mike has the technique mastered!! 4 or 5 boats circled in the same general area and Mirro was the only one reeling them in!!

I guess I'll have to work on my technique a bit!! Still a great night to be out!

Mirro, we came back around looking for you at around 8:30 or 8:45 and you must have already been gone...
Thanks for the shout out Wickford .
Having it mastered don't know about that one . Its been worse for me before . First time at mesquito . I've been the ONE BOAT watching FIVE others catch eyes all around me . That will really tick you off !!! Hang in Buddy well get you on those eyes agian .

·
Registered
169 Posts
keep in mind that we had very little wind, a slight drop in barometric pressure and no rain or run off to speak off the last few days.....

chrome and blue may not work as well today as yesterday, or tomorrow.....

the water is changing daily as for temp, color, and clarity......

the presentation, rattle sound, and shad shape are probably more important.....I would want match the color to the water color when you get there, not to what was hot two days ago.

if they are feeding on shad, which we know from the hits he got and the post that somebody else made about one at Long Lake with a shad in it's mouth, then match the forage, shape and size and motion more so than color

At least that's my theory............

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Thanks for the report Mike. Nice going! I plan on heading down this weekend.
May be I'll see some of you down there.

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the report Mike. Nice going! I plan on heading down this weekend.
May be I'll see some of you down there.
Good luck Saturday. Saturday i can't make it .but would like to meet some more folks from the site . Maybe next time . Can you get out during the week ?? I planning on going Tuesday ,trying to be on the water by 5:15 pm.
Weather pending

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
It doesn't look like I'll be doing any fishing this weekend after all. I thought I could squeak in a morning but the to-do list suddenly just got longer and then Sunday is Mothers Day and I'll be at a family get together. I could be on the water on the week days by 5:00 and I'll be doing that a lot these next few weeks. The evening bite can be pretty good this time of year. I'll probably see you down there Mike. Good luck and keep the reports coming!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts