close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

atv

Discussion in 'ATV's' started by mrtwister_jbo, Aug 28, 2008.

1. just picked up a 08 honda fourtrax 420 rancher 4x4 es. 1st atv 4 me an wife,had a blast this afternoon trying it out:) picked it up at 3pm had it in the woods by 4pm lol
    what does everybody else ride?
    twister

2. I've got an 06 Arctic Cat 700LE EFI. Great bike. Way more than i need...but so much fun!

3. I have a 1999 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 that I bought new in 99. It has 1100 miles on it and it has be an awesome four wheeler. I just spent a few hundred bucks putting 4 new tires on it and replacing some rear end seals on it...and that got me in the mood to get another one. So a few weeks ago I went out and picked up a 2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750....what a difference 8 years ond 350cc's can make. I love the old one but this new one is sooooo much more fun to ride. Now we need some good rain so I can go play in the mud!!! lol

4. went out yesterday with a few buddies(fellow ogf'er mrboneman)yes dale the same one who bought your bike;) we did a 3hr ride that took us from the river
    up a creek bed 2 the top of st rt 213 about 11miles round trip.:) what blast all kind of differant stuff from mud holes,all kinds of hills,drop in an out of the creek 6 or 7 times, up a small set of falls.man these things are tuff it took me places that i didn't want 2 go lol lol never wrecked or flew off but did scare the crap out of me a couple of times;) 4x4 is bad i used it alot yesterday alot of muddy hills big holes an slippery rocks.
    mrtwister
    ps took me 3hrs 2 clean it up:) post pics soon

5. Mrtwister, you have a great bike. The 400/420's are rugged bikes. You may want to check the differentals to make sure Honda filled them. I bought 2 new Honda Atvs in 2 years and both were dangerously low on lube. I have talked to several guys who have found there NEW Honda differentals low to dry. To make the cleaning a little easier, you may try spraying a thin coat of cooking oil under the plastic and on the frame, springs, wheels, motor etc. Regular Mop & Glow is great for the plastic also. Sure makes cleaning a lot easier.
    My ride is a 2007 Honda Rincon, Bighorn 25 inch tires and Warn Winch,

[​IMG]

6. I have 2 660 Yamaha grizzlies and the wife and i ride Wayne, Perry and Hatfield and McCoy in Wv. Stop by our website at Buckeyeriders.com lots of great folks who also ride there.

7. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

just picked up a 1986 suzuki lt 250ef quadrunner 4wd with 386 ACTUAL MILES on her !!! just had to buy a battery , and run some seafoam through the carb. will help make this ol' mans wood cuttin and deer hunting much easier !!! bought for $1000 , previous owner bought it from the original owner, ( elderly, who bought it , put 70 miles on it , then went blind) he had purchased it for his wife, put new tires on it, and she rode it a grand total of 316 miles in 5 years - bike looks and runs new !!! can't wait to finally get some time off from work to put some miles on her !!!

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Sounds like you had a ball. I did buy another one this year. Another Honda! Mainly got it for ice fishing and deer hunting.