Atv Stolen!

Discussion in 'ATV's' started by gf319804, Nov 13, 2007.

1. gf319804

gf319804 The Ohio Outdoors

Just wanted to let everyone know that between 1am and 5pm Monday, November 13, 2007, someone stole my atv from my locked garage in Cutler, Ohio. They busted the lock right off of both garage doors. The atv was a Yellow 2007 Suzuki LTZ400 that I haven't even owned for 6 months. Didn't have insurance on it yet, so I'm screwed out of $6300. If you all could, I would greatly appreciate eveyone keeping an eye/ear out for it. Here's a description of the bike:

Yellow 2007 Suzuki LTZ-400
    ITP Holeshot XCR rear tires
    ITP Holeshot GNCC front tires
    DG Xccelerator Stage 3 Exhaust
    DG Fat Series V-Pro Front Bumper
    MSR Pro Raptor Shorty Clutch lever with a broken cable adjuster
    Oval LED taillight with a custom built bracket (bracket is made from a yellow road sign, yellow is on the back of the bracket)

That's about it for now. Thanks everyone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

do u have the serial number? so that can help people look out for it that way too

3. gf319804

yeah, I was kind of hesitant about posting it though...I don't know why...
    it's JSAAK47A972114155

4. NUM1FIRE

the only reason i asked is just incase someone works at a suzuki shop or another shop that works on atvs can check for that vin. or in a near furture if it is not recovered, the low life thief decides to part it out and puts parts on ebay or any other site people can ask for the vin number to see if that is the one that was stollen from u.

5. gf319804

I'm going to call all of the local shops tomorrow and give them the vin number in case someone try's to bring it in for repair, but they are gonna have to wreck that thing for it to need some work, cause it's rock solid. Probably the best running atv I've ever been on...:(

6. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

my buddy had 2 stolen from his campground shed. never to be found. thats whats bad about atv's thay don't need to be licensed and can be used off road out of sight. they are a hot item with deer season in 2 weeks.it will prolly end up at a deer camp.

7. gf319804, just a shot in the dark. Give your homeowners ins. a call. By the ATV being in your locked garage you maybe covered.

8. gf319804

nope, atv's are just like a car, they have their own seperate insurance. Thanks for the suggestion though.

9. Sorry about your atv. Everyone should make sure that they have boat or atv insurance, these items are not covered under almost all Home owner policies. Even when in your garage they are not covered for fire, theft, etc.

I hate theives. Makes my blood boil.

10. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

My homeowners insurance will cover a boat as long as its, a) not valued over $1000, and/or b) has less than a 10hp motor. Anything more and it needs its own policy. I used this clause while I was rebuilding my Starcraft. I said it has an I/O, but they said it wasn't registered yet with watercraft yet, and the value, (reciepts totaled) hasn't passed the $1000 mark so its okay. As soon as it hits the water though, I needed a boat policy.

11. If you use your ATV as a vechicle to work around your house you can claim it as a yard machine. Or at least that is what I was told. I would use my deductible for my home owners and then receive compensation after that.
    might try it, not sure.
    ying

12. I lost 2 dirt bikes and a boat in a home fire several years ago. Homeowners covered them. I guess times and isnurances have changed in 30 yrs.

13. gf319804

Well, truth be told, my fiance and I just moved into the place less than two months ago, and we have somewhat of a tight budget due to her still being in school and paying for her tuition and the list goes on and on. I am 24 and work very hard for everything I have. Thankfully I was blessed with a good paying job, and great family and friends. Anyway, with living on a tight budget, we were waiting to recieve a full month worth of bills to make sure we could afford the extra $ for home owners insurance. To make a long story short, we just recieved our last bill today, that was for a full month, and had intentions of calling before the end of the month to buy insurance. So I'm pretty much screwed. I know, stupid mistake not getting insurance sooner, but when you're young, sometimes you just have to do without certain things...maybe I should have done without the 4wheeler, but ya know...Thanks for all the suggestions and support though, makes ya feel better to know that there are still honest people out there who care about one another. I really do appreciate it.

14. gf319804

I guess the heat was too much for these thieves. Neighbor just showed up and said their was a yellow 4wheeler in the woods right behind their house. I'd say someone heard I was lookin' for it and there was gonna be hell to pay, got scared, and "returned" it...Thanks to all, and thank god...

15. NUM1FIRE

glad to hear that u was able to get it back

16. Yeah - either that or felt sorry for you for not having homeowners insurance or insurance on that bike!

Maybe this'll teach you a little lesson - if you can afford a new 4 wheeler, then I'll bet you can afford home owners insurance. If not - then you don't need the bike. What if someone had broken into your home and stolen everything you have??

Glad it all worked out for you - but maybe this'll be the lesson you need to make some better decisions.

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Dude, I'm hoping the 1st thing you did after getting it back was to call and get insurance on it.

18. gf319804

yup, it is take care of. Got it this morning after work. Plus I opted for the "extra" coverage, a remington 870, with 3" mags...

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Good going on the insurance. Hopefully you'll never have to use the 870. I know how you felt, as I had a Polaris ATV stolen severla years ago. Luckily I had insurance that paid for it, but it sucked all the way around.