close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Attractant scents

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by Onion, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Just wondered what everyone uses for the pre-rut period.

I decided this year to try a few just for testing purposes. I checked into the Code Blue Standing Estrous which is highly recommended. However, at $36.99 an ounce :eek: I passed. I used the Excite does estrous scent by Wildlife research last weekend and I am sold after watching the small buck I took pick up the scent and follow it in. Plus it was $7.99 I believe.

It does reek horribly however :eek:

2. I took a 6 pointer last Thursday evening and he came to a scent wick soaked in Still Steaming Doe Estrus (something like that). He came in about 10 minutes after hitting a doe estrus bleat call a couple of times. I used that same bottle last year to take a 13 pointer. Both pix are in my gallery.

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I got 6 or 8 free viles of Code Blue for getting a 2 year subscription to OVO Magazine at the Canfield Fair. It was quite a deal, if you ask me. I will be using it next week.

4. I will be using Knight & Hales doe esrous. I had a nice buck coming right to my drag rag I had hanging...........Rich