ATTN LMR anglers

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sevenx, May 21, 2008.

1. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Just wanted to let you all know I now have a selection of cranks, in-line spinners, spinner and buzz baits etc. for the LMR, My selection were based on advice from several of you guys and other LMR anglers. Rattle traps. husky jerks, strike king, rooster tails and of course the Rebel wee craws and others as well. Thanks guys.
    A&N Outfitters
    227 Main St.
    Milford Ohio
    2 blocks from the rivers edge. S

2. Thanks for the heads up steve, packing any lead jigs and tails/tubes?
    LMJ

3. sevenx

Yep, not here yet but there on the way. I went with local guys Buckeye Baits. the should arrive soon. several plastics, jig heads shaky heads etc. How about Smack Tackle. Stop by or give me a shout so we can talk about it. S

4. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

Smart move Steve, can't wait to stop in!

5. sevenx

Thanks Mark, I have been debating the expansion into some more conventional tackle for awhile now. If this goes well I will likely move into rods and reels and more diverse tackle selection. I will see how this stuff moves and talk with guys that are here for this pupose to guage further selections. S

6. I fish the LMR all the time and end up getting all my stuff at Lake Isabella when I put in there. When I put in at Milford now I will have a place to go..
    What are your hours ..how early?

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Thankyou! Wish more places would do this. I'm willing to pay a little extra money to get what I'm specifically looking for. I'll pass this info along about the store to some people who I know fish the LMR quite a bit.

8. sevenx

Thanks Fishman, I have a somewhat limited selection but still about 10 or so cranks'spinners and still waiting for my plastics. I also have kids set ups and floats and some aberdeens for pan fish, One thing I did not do this go around was lines. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks S
    ps thanks for putting the link up Red. S

9. Red The Fisherman

After alot of trial & error, I have settled on Cajun Red Line. It has been the most reliable, great w/ my knots, and affordable! I'm sure you'll have a thousand different opinions on this, this is mine.

10. Well this is my second season using it, and I really like it. Ties great, knots hold and I find for 6# test, very strong. Don't seem to have the memory problems or looping around the tip of the rod. I like it so there is one positive comment about Cajun Red.

11. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

sevenx, not sure if the thread was intended to be hijacked for line comments, but I'll add mine :D

I primarily use Spiderwire Stealth for the strength and it's supple.

CW

12. Red The Fisherman

Steve, Does Buckeye baits have a creature bait? If so I want some, let me know!

13. Berkley Trilene line. Best all around seller, cant beat it.

14. sevenx

Creekwalker, I did want to be hijacked so I could get line input so thanks for the post. Thanks robistro. Thanks Red. Any input is very much appreciated. S

15. If I may put in my two cents, I usually use spiderwire (any) on my spinning rods, but on the bait casters I would have to go with the Berkley Trilene never really had any problems with it thats what i was raised on pretty much.

16. scrawfrd02

scrawfrd02 LMR poison ivy master

i use the cajun line as well for a few years... though the red was causing my to get skunked. best line feel and memory ever, about 5$. but i have thought the fish can see it, seem to catch more on clear... not sure though. will go back once my line runs short

17. sevenx,

for my Ultra lights I am a huge fan 4 and 6# Seaguar Invizex, its awesome for clearer waters or when youre just plain dealing with skiddish fish.... My brother and I noticed a huge difference in the amount of fish caught when we went to Canada and have used it ever since. I have never had memory problems using it for almost a year now. Its a bit pricey but in my opinion definately worth it. As for my bigger rods where line presentation isn't such an issue I have always been a fan of 10-20# Power Pro. In my opinion it seems to hold up the best from frays and such.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents!

18. I use Trilene xl for just about all of my fishing. Never seems to give me any problems. I will stop down soon and get a few lures off of you. Hope business takes off for you.

19. sevenx

Thanks guys, I have used either trilele xl or stren in the past with no issue but I don't fish the spinning/cating gear all that often. I am sure I need new line all the way around so I will try some of the recomended line's. I hope to bring some lines and a few other things in a couple of weeks. S