close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Attn: All Licensed Captains

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gju42486, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

as all of you know, their is going to be a new "feature" added this year for all licensed captains. The TWIC ( transportation workers identification credentials) card is going into affect starting sept 25th. All information for registering can be found here- there are multiple registration sites, you just need to find the closest one to you, registration can be done online- although that does not enroll you, it just "speeds up the process" when you go to the facilities to get your card. If you need more information, feel free to shoot me a pm with your e-mail address and ill be able to give you an 11 page powerpoint presentation on it that i made up. Here is a little information on enrollment for the cleveland area.

Cleveland
    3100 E.45th St
    Suite 226
    Cleveland, OH 44127

Via phone: 1-866-DHS-TWIC (1-866-347-8942)

Internet: http://www.twicinformation.com/twicinfo

2. Thanks for the link George. I was gonna wait til the Sea Grant Captains meeting next month but maybe I'll get a jump on it here. Email me your PP presentation, I'd like to see it.

I've got 2 more years on my captains license and then I'm probably gonna let it go, due to things like this, the border issues and many other profit eating BS in the regs. For those of you getting your licenses now I wish you luck and it really is a dream job in many ways, but don't quit your day job.

3. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Yepper total BS. When it gets to the point of inserting a chip in your forehead, a lot of us will let it go.