close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Attention: OGF Site Performance/Slowdowns

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by captnroger, Mar 7, 2005.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Hi All,

Many of you have experienced in the past weeks site slowdowns here at Ohio Game Fishing. We are very aware of the issue, and want to assure you that we are acting as quickly as possible to address the situation.

Last Thursday, several changes were made to multiple configuration files, which thus far have improved overall performance significantly. While there are brief periods of slowdown when many members are on the site at the same time, in general these changes have all but eliminated the major lag spikes that you may have encountered prior to Thursday of last week.

In addition, we have provisioned a new webserver, and we are in the process of getting it ready to move on-line. This upgrade should make OGF and all hosted sites signifcantly faster, and when we are done we will be running on a server that is basically 2.5 time more powerful than the one we run on today. The new server is a dual Xeon 2.8ghz processor box with 2gb ram and nearly 250gb of storage. It also will be sitting on a 100mb uplink which is a 10x improvement on the 10mb uplink that we have now. The new server is scheduled to go into service the weekend of March 19th, and future communications regarding the upgrade will be forthcoming. We are doing everything possible to minimize downtime and ensure that OGF and all hosted sites do not encounter an interruption of service. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thank you for your patience!

The OGF Team!

2. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

Great Roger........Thats something like I'm runnin here ..... :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Congrats as this site nears the 3000 mark.....

3. keep up the good work guys. this is a great site!

4. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

Thanks for the great JOB TEAM OGF .is doing

5. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Yes, very cool!!! Hopefully it is running on Cisco network gear :D

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

My neighbor is a cisco sales rep in the Ohio and surrounding area, small world!

7. thanks to the entire OGF crew!!!!!!!!!!

8. Do to the down time tongiht, 3-9 I had to calm phil down by talking to him, he was about to go into conzultions (sp?) by not being able to get into the chat room :cool:

DaSnatch saved the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding around altough he was panaking, keep up the good work guys!!!!

9. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Hey guys,

I cant get into the site with my computer at home. I tried using a proxy but it still wont get in. They only way I can get in is if I am at school or a friends house. What is going on here? This has been going on for a week or so. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

10. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

what error are you getting there Mr. B?

11. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Captnroger, When I go to load the website the page dosent load. It will take about 30min. to load and the page wont show up. It just says this page is unavalible.