close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Attention All OGF Members...we need YOU!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Apr 27, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

First off, on behalf of the OGF TEAM I'd like to thank everyone for their support! We're only 3 weeks old, and have hit 1000+ members in record time. Our forums are hopping with outstanding posts, the chat and arcade are seeing tons of activity as well, and the general vibe here is just what the doctor ordered. Can't thank you guys enough for making this place home.

The reason for this thread is to kinda rehash some OGF happenings, and to get your input and ideas. We're a young website, with an unquenchable thirst for the sport of fishing and the fellowship it creates. As a result, we are constantly trying to come up with ideas to make the sport, site, and general atmosphere more enjoyable for everyone. This is where you can help! We're ALWAYS looking for fresh ideas, and ways to better the sport and the site. If you'd like to see something that you don't currently see, let us know! Any and all ideas are welcome!

We also wanted to take this opportunity to give you all a heads up on some happenings with the site in the very near future...most of which, have been realized by suggestions from you, our members.

Fishing Articles: We've got more than you could shake a rod at! If you haven't noticed, we've put up Read-only forums to showcase articles written by some of the best anglers on the planet. We will be updating and adding to these articles on a regular basis.

Guest Chats: Our first Guest Chat will be in May, with an ODNR rep fielding your questions about Ohio fisheries, and anything of the like. We also are scheduled to have a PWT Pro Walleye Angler as a guest chatter as well.

June 19th Tappan Food Drive & Tournament Outing: We've got a lot of members signed up, and are expecting a TON more. Prizes and raffle items will be announced as we get closer to the outing date.

Merchandise: We've got stickers and shirts on the way! We will have pricing and info available in the next few weeks! Hats will be soon to follow.

That's just the tip of the iceberg...we've got some really cool ideas that are still in the development stages, and we'll keep you posted as they solidify. Again, if you have any ideas or suggestions how we could make your membership here more enjoyable, let us know!

Thanks for your support!
    Your OGF Team

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Can't we just send you $12 and be done with it?:rolleyes:

3. ShakeDown

WD never took a marketing class before. It's $11.99, not $12...sheesh!

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I think somehow we need to encourge members to be more active and make posts telling about there fishing adventures, and also replying to post..Come on everybody dont spend all your time in the arcade, post away :D

5. Actually, I see something that I don't especially care for. Can we lose the Time spent in forums: stat in the header of our postings? Or maybe allow us to turn it on/off in our profile. Not sure I understand why everyone (including our bosses) needs to see that. Thanks Shake!

6. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

Something that i personally would like to see added would be a hunting forum.

7. ShakeDown

FH...We need to get creative on that. Since we're so new, my guess is a lot of guys are hiding in the shadows to see how things pan out.

Terry...I'll talk to Roger about that...he just implemented it a few days ago.

CH...Hopefully we'll have it today!

8. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

would like to see a members meeting members forum, so people without a partner or an open seat might hook up with someone.

9. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

How about free lessons from Catkings carper girls?

10. i would love to see a memebers meeting area as well from time to time i have an open seat
    something else i have seen is a trade a trip forum
    someone on erie want to do some catting on the ohio we trade a trip ect..
    a great way to see all of ohio without pulling your boat all over ohio and having someone local to show you the waters
    it could work for bank spots as well

11. ShakeDown

Great ideas guys. I'll see what we can do!

12. JBJ

JBJ

I have this idea to pose to everyone that has been lingering in the back of my mind. As a tournament angler I send my tournament shirts all over the place to have sponsor logos embroidered on my tourney shirts. Seems to me that we might be able to find an Ohio based embroiderer that could provide discounted services to the members here. If there was one location that all members could send shirts, jackets and fishing vests to have the site logo put on it could be beneficial. Maybe even get them to wave the set-up fee for the site logo so they could benefit from so many members taking business to them. If there are enough people who would do this we might get a good price for volume as well. I would rather add these things to my current tourney shirts than have another t-shirt or hat myself.

I just thought there might be others thinking along the same lines. With the majority of us being in Ohio, it seems logical that we could pull it off.

13. ShakeDown

Update!

Hunting forum is UP!

We will either make the "time in forums" hack disabled completely, or give it a disabled option for individual users. Give us a week on this one.

Trade - a - trip Forum: We'll discuss it next week during our weekly meeting. I'm all for it, and I know a few others are, so it's lookin good!

Embroidery - Once we get our TEAM OGF silkscreened shirts done (the pictures in the gallery of the shirts are NOT the final colors/design) then we can figure out something with the embroidery. I know were having polo type staff shirts embroidered for the mods, so we'll see if they can do it on request as needed.

Thanks guys! Keep the ideas comin!

14. How about a discounts page. You could list any local retailers who are willing to give OGF members a discount on their products or services.

Also after seeing all the trash around Alum N of Howard what about organizing lake clean up days. Do a little about cleaning up our environment. Might even be able to get a grant from Ohio DNR to help cover some of the cost. Just a thought...

15. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

If we do a lake clean-up thing, which would be great, we might be able to get the newspaper or news station to run a story on it and that would get the website name out to many people and give the website a great reputation with the community. I would be willing to volunteer my time for it.

16. catking

catking Banned

Fastlame-you are always hitting on the carpin girls :mad: They said no, and that's that ;) What about the cattin girl......

Attached Files:

17. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Paco:
    A vendors page or place is in the works. When we hit them for advertising they will be placed in the section. Thing are coming. Great ideas, keep them coming.

18. is there going to be OGF hats also?

19. catking

catking Banned

Yes Polesnatcher- There will be hats ;) CATKING