close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Atkins

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShoreBoundOne, Apr 12, 2004.

1. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Well started this Atkins deal 8 weeks ago. Its been the easiest diet i have been able to follow. 28 pounds down.:) Feelin good....i am about halfway to where i wanna be.

Mitch

2. catking

catking Banned

Good for you!!! I am on another type of diet. It is a 1800 cal/180 carbs a day limit. I like foods that have carbs,and with 180 a day, I feel great. I've lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks. Not as fast as some diets, but I've change my life style to one I can handle the rest of my life. With the one I'm on, I'll be at my goal weight by the end of the year, which will be 40 pounds lighter. My heart doctor ADVISED me to do this :D CATKING

3. ShoreBoundOne

Congrats King...thats the important thing...choose somthing you can live with. I have found i can cheat every once in awhile so i dont feel too deprived, and its still workin for me.

Mitch

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I just started this too, I'll admitt I'm a bit over weight and the reality of it is its not that hard. It's a bit expensive for a college student like me, but overall its a good idea.

I just started today... we'll see how it goes.

5. ShoreBoundOne

I will admit...the grocery bill did go up lol

Mitch

6. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

Man, I admire you guys! I can't go carbless because I am addicted to bread and beer. :eek: :rolleyes: I guess that means that I'll just have to be me. Nothing else seems to work. I did lose 9 lbs in the last month or two, but I'm sure all that went out the window yesterday. :(

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Im on the seefood diet.
    :)

Good luck with yours.

8. Maybe you can start the," Arcade Diet" by getting on the site and playing till you can't see anymore, If you limit to one beer a night while playing maybe it would be another good diet ?
    I'm afraid to start playing in the Arcade, for I'd never stop.
    I'll have to check into the mentioned diets through for the number of pounds lost sure sound impressive. I have a two year build up of about 22 pounds and I know it can't be from the Stroh's at night, just haven't pinpointed it yet.
    I thought it might be good for me , for it's fire brewed ya know. He- He
    Thanks for the posts,
    JimG

9. ShoreBoundOne

i didnt give up Beer...just cut back abit.....wine doesnt have many (hic) carbs :rolleyes:

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Theres always hard liquors that can "kinda" take the place of beer and have 0 carbs.

Bahh who am I kidding, nothing can replace a nice cold beer.

11. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Wow, glad to hear your diets are working. I am on a way off variant diet of the Atkins one. It is called the FATKINS and it seems to be working well. ;)

12. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

LOL Fastlane!!!

13. catking

catking Banned

Tell it like it is fatman :D :D JEEZE US !!! CATKING :p

14. My favorite diet is the Boundary Water diet all the fish you want and what ever you want to carry in with you which is usually trail mix and jerky!

I have tried lots of diets over the last few years and cant stick to any of them, then i got a book by Larry North which explains a lot of different ways to loose weight. Its a great book thats main focus is on a well balanced diet and some moderate exercise, not really cutting a bunch of stuff out but balancing things out. With me it was the whole idea of "being on a diet" that made it hard knowing that there are certain things i cant eat. When i looked at it as changing the way i eat it made it easier knowing that i can still eat the things i want but just in moderation and balance everything out.

15. catking

catking Banned

Good post twistertail- That's the point I take. I have to do something that I can live with for the next 30 years or so, if I'm lucky ;) I just changed my habits. One thing I've done, that was hard at first, but easy now- I drink nothing but water. Water only.Plus I cut out the "almost a box a night cheez-its" I kid you not !! But the one thing I found that was putting on extra weight was soda pop. Each can has 12 tablespoons of sugar I do believe :eek: . CATKING.