close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Atkins Diet???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishyguy, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Hey guys, was wondering if there is anyone out there that has been on the atkins diet and experienced what I just did an hour ago. I have been on it 6 weeks now and lost a good amount of weight. I was standing outside and all of a sudden I got real bad hot and cold flashes and very very very light headed and thought I was going out, but did not. This lasted about 15 seconds or so. I don't know if it is related to the diet, just curious.Thanks alot.

2. you may be pregnant

3. :p ...... :D ...... :D ......Did you have that no so fresh feeling also ?...... :rolleyes: ...............Rich

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

:D ... :confused: ... Flowers will do that sometimes!!! Chivalry and diamond rings cause the same effect to some, as well! :rolleyes:

:eek: Sorry, couldn't resist! :rolleyes:

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have been on it before, and lost weight...You may need to take vitamins if you are not already..I had a few spells, but that was because I satyed on induction for way to long..I was eating almost 0 carbs for 8 weeks

6. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Dad was on atkins. He lost a good ammount of weight. After being on it for about 3-4 months though he had to have triple by pass surgery. Do I blame the diet? No. Dad smokes and drinks like no body's business, yet I am still cautious of reversing the food pyramid. Remember that thing in grade school that said to eat all those carbs? Now some guy comes out and says don't eat them at all? And then he dies.......

[​IMG]

Weird if you ask me.....

Just be active....eat decent....and you should be fine.

7. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

I have been on it since Feb...lost 50 lbs and never had a problem...still feelin good.

Mitch

8. Lost 145 pounds in 16 months. Be sure and take vitamin requirements and follow to a tee. I experienced no problems.

9. catking

catking Banned

A low carb diet over time will have an affect on the human body. Some doctors say this is true, others say no. But the fact is , I'm talkin over a 10 year period. Your body needs carbs to survive. I just heard on the news the other night where alot of doctors who once said it was fine has now said they really don't know what will happen in 10 years. You need some carbs, or your body will eat itself. What is dangerous about this low carb is , alot of people " cheat " which is a HUGE no no on that type of diet. I was on a low carb diet for a long while, but not the atkins diet. 20 carbs a day is dangerous, when you are suppose to have 300.You can limit yourself to 100 or under, and still lose alot of weight over a longer time. Any time you lose alot of weight fast, that isn't good. You vital organs become stressed. My heart doctor told me NO WAY on the Atkins, and he is a very well known doctor in Cincinnati. But then you will have another saying it's fine. Bottom line? Like MLROSA said, eat a healthy diet, stay active , and you are fine. Ask yourself this...... If it is as easy to loose weight by cutting carbs out and not having to be active, that cannot be good. NO PAIN=NO GAIN ;) . THE CATKING

10. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

Thanks for the replies guys( most of you lol )

11. maybe you should have your sugar checked.

12. I never had any problems when i was on it. It was about 3 or 4 years ago when i was in school. When i was always playing sports and lifting wheights it worked like a dream. And heck ill trade my steak and potato meal in for a steak and more steak any day.

I would say maybe check sugar or take vitamins. Could just be a bad day?