close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Athens Halloween

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PoleSnatcher, Oct 25, 2004.

1. I'm thinking about heading down to the Athens halloween celebration. Anyone on here have any personal experiences? Doug?

2. Went a couple of times in the 70's in high school. Now I avoid the town like the plague on that weekend :) . Thankfully I live about 15 miles out.

3. That's where I was "arrested" for the first time in my life; got a ticket for peeing in an alley several years back =) Good times.
    The last time I was there was 3 years ago and things were much tamer than the first time I went 7 or so years ago. Fewer house parties and less people in general. The local police must of decided to crack down on things a bit at some point. I still had a good time each trip I made. My old friends at OU finlly graduated or gave up so I don't know anyone down there anymore and haven't been in recent years.

Steve

4. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Gonna be there from Wednesday through Sunday. Have a daughter and son-in-law there who own a drinking establishment( Lucky's ) and Pizza by the slice( Goodfellows ). I volunteered, probably ill-advised, to make pizza dough for them Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I hope that they keep me in the brown bottles for a while. If you are there, stop in the Court Street location, not the Union Street. More room there. I will be in Lucky's as much as possible, that is for sure. More that likely, later in the evening. Be careful and have a good time.

5. Won't get any personal experiences on OU's Halloween from me! That is not a type of event that I want any part of. Way too much craziness and trouble for me. Just can't go to something like that with my beliefs. Dave, just try not to get into too much trouble if you make it up.
    Jerry, that is some GREAT pizza at Goodfellas. Tell them to keep up the good work! If you're going to be down for about four days, stick your poles in the car. Would you have time to maybe get out and fish for a few hours one day? Like Thursday or Friday afternoon, weather yesterday had 60's and 70's this week. We could hit the Hocking for some smallies (in waders, of course :D ) or a local pond for a largemouth or two. Let me know if you can, I'll need a few hour break from the paper and test first thing Thursday morning. Let me know here or through e-mail.
    Doug

6. Sounds like a blast...although I'll be chilling at Kent Fest!

7. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I had some customers down hunting with me in Athens last year during the Halloween party.

We were staying at the Days Inn. Never again will I go down that weekend. Friday night was terrible, VERY LOUD ALL NIGHT, a bunch of drunks kids everywhere. Bottles and can being thrown, cars being hit, people passed out on the sidewalk. Saturday night was pretty quiet until around 2 am when everyone came back from the party the it got really ugly. A big fight broke out and a kid got stabbed in the parking lot. There was a room by room search at 4 AM, My jeep was in the police taped off area. I had to get the police chief to let me get my jeep out so I could go hunting.

I'm too old for that kind of stuff.

Kim

8. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

I went down there in '94. Me and my roomate slept in my 1966 Olds Dynamic 88 (BIG CAR). It was a complete week of drunken debauchery. One night we met a couple of girls and brought them back to my car. Me with one in the front seat, him with the other in the back, I wont go into details but the funny thing is we never saw each others faces because we all left on our Halloween masks. Maybe they just weren't wearing any. but thats cool too. Fun times.........to be 24 again......and single, I'd go back in a second!!!!!!!!!! Have fun.

9. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

The gift that keeps on giving.....

10. WINNER

WINNER I hate Cleveland.

Spent five years at OU (insert joke here) and had a great time each and every weekend...Halloween was cool to. My wife's apartment was right in the middle of Court street.
    Debauchery is a great term. It is worth the experience to see the freaks down there. They always seem to show up. :p

Winner

11. well guys I don't think that I will make it down there this year. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. I really just wanted to see what it is like down there for the halloween bash.

12. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

I'm a freshman this year down here...I'll be uptown both nights checking out the freaks and other sights..should be interesting

13. i was arrested 18 times in 1968-17 weekends in a row for war protests and the last one down in athens, at holloween, for drunk and disorderly. i was arrested 15 times in 1967-14 times for war protests and once in athens at holloween.

athens, at holloween, will turn an activist into a disorderly drunk.

14. Fishin' Coach

Fishin' Coach Wall I ETR

Made the trip from the University of Cincinnati in 1992-93-94
    From what I remember... I think I had fun :D ....but to tell you the truth the details are still a little fuzzy. :eek:

15. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Zach (Reelson) and a few of his Notre Dame buddies went down to OU for the Halloween Fest. I've been able to pull bits and pieces of information from him about what went on down there, but his usual reply to my prying is " Oh man...you just could not even imagine....the things I saw.....Oh man"....
    As he replies, he gets a glazed look in his eyes and kinda drifts off with a smile on his face as he is obviously re-living what ever the heck happened down there.
    Being that Zach grew up in a very small town with little exposure to "craziness like OU", I could only imagine how shocked he was. But, not in a bad way, because I can tell ya right now, he appears to have great memories of that weekend at OU. Maybe one day he will fill in the blanks for his Dad and I :D
    After all, "Inquiring minds want to know" :D

16. catking

catking Banned

Some things a son sees and does should NEVER be known by the mother ;) NEVER........................ ~**~... :)

17. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

If anyone who was there for the weekend and came in for a slice of pizza, I am sorry I could not stop to talk, just a little busy. On Friday Oufisherman and I did get out to a couple farm ponds for a few hours. Th only quiet time I had there in four days. We caught a lot of 10 to 12 inch bass on a variety of lures. The bigger fish were not too hungry yet. Fun none the less. Thanks for the good time Doug and we will get out again in the spring along with a trip or two to AEP.

18. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Never went to Athens on Halloween. The friday before this year the wife and I went horseback riding in the Hocking hills. I noticed the cops were thick along 33. One State Trooper had 2 guys in front of their car lecturing them and I could see their cooler out of the open trunk. I wondered what they did. This scene repeated itself several times and I realized that they were doing a pre-emptive strike against the mayhem that was to follow. Oh to be 20 again with my 50 year old brain.