Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Sept 13th. I met my brother at Fredrick’s Landing for a shake down trip in his boat. It took a little time for me to get use to the feel of the throttle and response of the wheel as I ran the boat. We headed to the Ohio about 08:10, got to our 1st. spot at 08:40.
I was getting hard taps on my seasoned strips of beef, nothing on the cut skipjack. I hooked a decent fish on the beef strip, a Channel Cat. The fish measured out at 24 inches and 6 1/2 pounds. I had some more taps but no solid bites.

We went back up river above the Bromley Boat Club on the Ohio side, lines in the water 10:15. No bites or taps there so headed up the Water Front in Covington. The wind had shifted and was blowing hard up river, my brother finally got a couple of hard taps on the cut bait fish.

We called it a day and headed back to the ramp at 12:10. There I had to learn how to power the boat on his trailer and then how to secure it once we got to the top of the ramp so he could drive it home. It is still a little frustrating spending that much effort just for 1 catfish.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Good report Norb, Now that lake tourneys are all done Im shifting back to the Ohio River Tourneys. We fished out of tanners last weekend, 4 channels and a small Blue to weigh in, nothing great but we caught a few fish including the biggest disappointment of the day, about a 15-18 lb drum, a real beast! Will be fishing the Catfish Country tourney out of Schmidt Ramp this Sat and hope for some better fish. Will post any results after the weekend.

Salmonid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts