close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

At Basspro in Cinci today, saw GFO

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishman, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I thought it was kind of odd. I was in bass pro today checking things out and walked over to a small area where there was exibitors. I saw a sign, and it instantly registered in my brain as Ohio Game Fishing. Much like the things the site has done before at expo centers, I assumed it was a booth getting us some publicity. There was no one at the booth at the time, so I asked the booth next to them if he knew where the guy was who was tending to the booth, and he said that he hadn't seen him for a while. I hung around a bit and chatted with the gentleman in the booth next to it and asked him if he caught the guys name running the booth. He said the guys name was Eric, and I didn't think anything of it. I looked at the photos and he said he thought the guy in the pictures was the same person running the booth. In fact the guy looked like CaptnRoger, even though I havn't seen Roger for a while. For some reason, my brain was totally not working, as usual :p . I was kind of excited cause I thought I was going to get to meet a member of OGF so I hung around for a while hoping the person would return. I even took a business card and wrote on the back "Fishman says Hi!" as I went to leave. Then after I had already left the area, it dawned on me I was having a serious brain fart. The guy mentioned the name was Eric, I thought that was weird, I walked back and noticed it to be a GFO sign and not an OGF sign!

Basically it just got me thinking, what is he up too now? I checked the site to see if he was attempting to start over but found nothing but an attempt to sell used boats.

Thought it was kind of interesting, thats all :)

Admins feel free to pull this post if it gets out of hand, trust me, there will be no hard feelings :)

2. Hey........ Do We Have A Hit Squad!!!!!!

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

6:45 AM...hard to believe. Oh, well, I sure had fun there & harbor no ill will. Because of that, we enjoy this today.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:D :D
    husky,
    i kinda wish i would have had advance notice of that.might have been worth a trip down there,for us :D ;)

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

The spring sale is still going on all weekend long misfit :D

6. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

I was at BPS yesterday afternoon as well. I stood and talked with Capt. Troy Young for several minutes. Troy is a former GFO member who runs a charter service on Lake Erie. His booth faced the seminar "stage" and is right beside Capt. D's booth. Troy still has some old GFO stickers on some of his stuff, too.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thanks fishman :cool: :D
    maybe i still have time to pick up a couple of my buddies and check out the show.
    [​IMG]

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Ahhhh thanks for clearing that up David, thought it was a little odd :)

9. catking

catking Banned

Very interesting to say the least. But I feel we have all come a long way and this thread will not open old wounds .......... :) This is interesting to say the least ( GFO @ BPS ) Rick............ :)

10. This must have been before my time. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. "GFO" does that mean "go fart oustside"

11. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Could someone PM me and let me know what happened ata the old GFO? I used to be a fairly active member there ,I didn't check the site for a while and then it was gone. I haven't ever really heard a explaination of what happened. Not trying to stir anything up just curious. Thanks

12. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

the gfo site wanted to charge 12 dollars a year for membership....it seemed like a good idea to some and a bad idea to some.... there was a lot of mayhem going on with that and a few other things as well....plus there wasnt any leadership or sense of order.... the whole thing just sort of crumbled... this site and another rose from the ashes.

13. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Yep I paid the membership. I saw nothing wrong with trying to help out a site to keep it running. After that it dissapeared.

14. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

.... i remember new post dropped off to practically nothing and then the site was down..... and ever since....i dont know about that part...doesnt make much sense.

the worst part of the whole thing is, all that good info is gone. years worth of info.

15. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys & Gals- For those who were not members of the old GFO , or have no Idea as to what is being discussed here it is in a nut shell. Most of the owners of this site (OhioGameFishing) were either Moderators or Administrators of the old site. Things got way out of line and disorder on the old GFO due to a few things which are : The sole owner wanted to charge a fee which didn't sit well with alot of the members. Politics and Religion arguments were an every day occurance, with some getting just down right NASTY. Things started to get bad and snowed balled. So the present owners of this site ( myself included) decided to start another site with some changes , hoping to bring Ohioans a GREAT site to share fishing facts with. The changes were : Never to charge a membership. No politics or religion discussions. To give troubled members a shorter leash when all they want to do is to start problems. We also started a chat room that members wanted on the old site, and are having bigger and better outings and tourneys. We are still rather young , and still growing. But I think what we are doing is working , and working GREAT , thanks to all the GREAT members on this site. That my friends, about sums it up ;) ..Thanks .... Rick

16. JBJ

JBJ

I'm just happy that OhioGameFishing.com was created. It's the best Ohio website to be found.

17. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

And with that, this is enough talk about GFO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.