close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ashtabula

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by For my Son, Nov 12, 2007.

1. For my Son

For my Son Fish to enjoy time with my boy.

This has been a great year of hunting for me. I havent killed anything yet but I am seeing more and hearing more things than I have ever. I have been bow hunting for about 4yrs. All I have ever killed is a doe, but I love being in the woods especially this time of year.
    This morning I took my son out to our double. He was more interested in sleeping than hunting, so he kept nuzzling up to me to get warm. Finally, I told him to go to the truck and get warm. No arguement he just climbed down and walked to the truck. About 20min later I hear what sounds like a herd coming through the woods. Its two does running as fast as they can, Im thinking there is a dog...NOPE great big buck grunting and snorting and making all kinds of racket. Never even had a chance to raise my bow but it was exciting. Then, shortly after I bleated and I heard a deer running right at me, it stopped and I heard a thrashing of horns and leaves and grunts. Here comes another great buck trotting in. He never presented a shot. I may never shoot a buck that big but man was it excitting to just see him and have him close enough that if only a shot was presented. Although I'm not sure I could have pulled back as bad as I was shaking. :! :)