Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went up too Ashtabula today and got our 12 fish limit. no real hogs but they were nice fish . just wondering how everybody else did

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
This was the first time I got skunked on walleye at Erie. :mad: I could not get a hook up to save my life today. We did catch one real nice steelhead today. The weather man was way off on the waves today. 1-3 my rear end. try like 4-6 or better. My buddy's kid was a chummer today. We made several passes on some numbers I was giving to no avail. With the boy pretty sick we packed up and headed to the barn. Did anyone find ut why the Coast Guard was flying a grid pattern search? They flew around for some time today.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure what was the deal with coast guard he come over about 50 feet above us. i agree it was rough today. What were u using? we ran Big dipsey 100ft on 3 setting, big dipseys at 175ft on 3 setting, and forty jet diver back 200 with watermelon, solid green, and black and purple worm harnesses

·
Registered
297 Posts
we seen the coast gaurd to was wondering the same thing we fished in real close was in 30 feet of water in front of the stacks we took 8 in there

·
Registered
28 Posts
went to connie today we got twelve out of 18. some were real hogs to. As for the coast guard, a boat went down, I think they were searching for a passsenger. Seen the boat, 26-28ft bayliner trophy. Hope every one is okay.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
I just got word that as stated by Biggfish, a boat out of Conny went down as well as a boat out of Geneva. No word on vitals.

Slabsmacker, I ran #1 dipsys. outside 3 setting from @ 90-110 insides 0 setting @ 60-85. I was marking some fish suspended @ 40 +/- FOW. I was using a variety of colors. Managed 3 white trash and amazingly no farm critters. I guess that's why it's called fishing not catching.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
My buddy's kid was a chummer today. We made several passes on some numbers I was giving to no avail. With the boy pretty sick we packed up and headed to the barn.
That's too bad Toxic. We had a new guy on board today, and he was chumming pretty bad also. We started at 0630 at 62 FOW NNE of Geneva and trolled in with the waves. We really started to bang em at 58 FOW and in to 54 FOW. Lots of White Bass, but we managed 8 Walleyes in two passes before we came in. Two of the Walleyes were 9 lbs, and a couple were in the 7 lb range. Today had a LOT of promise. We didn't want our guy to suffer too much though. He found the fillet knife, and we thought he might try to slit his wrists. Our hot spoon colors were anything with purple in it.

Workdog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts