Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Ashtabula in the AM first trip this year any help would be greatly appreciated Be in a Thompson 210 if u see us out there

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are a ton of fish from the 10 line, and North for several miles. It’s a long run to get there, but the fish are very cooperative once there. Standard settings for this time of year are Dipsys set on #1 at 140-150 back and set on 3 at 180-200 back. Wire line with Bandits @ 350-400 back.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Last time I was out crankbaits were doing better than spoons ...shallow running renosky and husky jerks behind dipseys and deep divers with 3 oz weight 30 ft and then 150 back ...good luck hope this helps

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are a ton of fish from the 10 line, and North for several miles. It’s a long run to get there, but the fish are very cooperative once there. Standard settings for this time of year are Dipsys set on #1 at 140-150 back and set on 3 at 180-200 back. Wire line with Bandits @ 350-400 back.
Heading to Ashtabula in the AM first trip this year any help would be greatly appreciated Be in a Thompson 210 if u see us out there
We went out yesterday. To the 12 line caught a couple nice fish then ran back to the 06 and got the rest ended up with 23 but it was an all day fight. I’m running 20# spider wire on my dips I don’t think I’m getting low enough. Reef runners seem to have been the choice yesterday for us

·
Thundergut- Starweld Fusion 20, the “Timber Jane”.
176 Posts
They are calling for 2-3’s. Hopefully they are wrong. We got our 24 by 9:30 today out of Conneaut. Started at the 3.5 line and went north. 1’ers they were not!

Lol. They most definitely were not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts