Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people might find this post redundant because I post so much but I do have a lot of pm's asking questions so I will post today's outing.....We made the run from Geneva to Ashtabula for perch..yes I know how much fuel that takes!! We got our 3 man limit in just under 90 minutes! WORTH IT!! not sure of the exact gps numbers but it was in the 57.5n 46w area 48 fow. Very few throw backs and a good number of jumbos. I ended up with 4 pounds 12 ounces of fillets for my 30 perch. We got done so early so I did something I swore I would not do again this year. I went out for walleye!....we did not get started till about 11am and fished for 2 1/2 hours...only pulled 2. I know what I need to do to get better at this thanks to Walleye Wacker and Anger Management...I just do not have the money this year thanks to all the money I spent on my boat.

·
Banned
759 Posts
Takes time and money!!! I wish it grew on trees:) don't give up sooner or later your going be pulling limits time after time... When I first started walleye fishing Erie I didn't do so good either. But it just made me wanna get them even more... Just do your research and keep trying

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its about 13 miles to go from geneva marina to 48 fow north east of Ashtabula harbor. Of course the distance would be more the deeper the water you fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I believe its around 9 miles. 50/50 on if its better to launch at Bula or run from Geneva.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its actually almost 10 miles if you hug the shore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
So mercuryjoe or anyone else, do you have any general #s for the eyes out of Bula, as I hope to try next this week to duplicate did. Hopefully get a few more eyes though, what do you think was the problem, not pulling the eyes as you stated? Not sure in what order but will probably do the perch first then go for eyes. Thanks

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
So mercuryjoe or anyone else, do you have any general #s for the eyes out of Bula, as I hope to try next this week to duplicate did. Hopefully get a few more eyes though, what do you think was the problem, not pulling the eyes as you stated? Not sure in what order but will probably do the perch first then go for eyes. Thanks
Just head north. There are fish everywhere. Once you get on an active pod, just stay with them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just head north. There are fish everywhere. Once you get on an active pod, just stay with them.

They really are everywhere. I have been going to 07 line past three weekends and have limited and been basically by ourselves. I don't like the traffic jam that's at the 03-05. I just got a boat this year since could get my dad to fish for walleye in probably 8 years so its been basically a fresh start. My advice to anyone who is struggling you really need to learn your equipment. Most guys say numbers that never worked for me. I have come to the realization that colors matter less and speed and depth are your biggest factors. Hope you get the walleye fishing locked it because its really a blast I know I'm so addicted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts