Ashtabula or Conneaut?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by webothfish, Dec 28, 2008.

1. webothfish

webothfish Steubenville

Has anyone seen the condition of the Ash or Conneaut? Thinking of coming up tuesday. Tired of deer hunting , can't seem to fill that last tag. Haven't had my poles out for a while, but I see you all are posting these pictures and the it's gettin to me.

2. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Only one way to find out! My guess is by Tuesday one or the other might be do-able. I wouldn't expect anything spectaluar, but you may be surprised. Both clear up quicker than you think. I may be out that way tomorrow, I can PM you some info.

3. Conneaut will be your best bet, the ash might not clear up until wed.....

4. Yeh......... Don't take up poker as a career................

5. I like my odds in this hand though....

6. Had a buddy call me today that fished the ash this mroning, he landed one on his fly and missed a few others. The guys bait fishing were doing well. FFBG

7. OhioFlyer

OhioFlyer BaddFish Killa

I was at the Ash on Sunday and absolutly destroyed these chrome beasts. No need to wait both are pretty clear. Sunday on the other hand was like fishing in Chocolate Milk, with that said the Steelehad had something going on because they were eating everything. Landed somewhere around 20 with probably 20 or more hookups. To bad deer season wasn't longer to keep the hillbillies of the rivers.

8. webothfish

webothfish Steubenville

Thanks for the info and the offer. I've never done a pm on this site, need to learn how to do that. Due to unforrseen circumstances, I couln't make it there tues, but am shooting for saturday. hope the weather holds and the creeks are good. It's good to hear you guys are killing them.

9. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

I went there the 27 . wasnt good fishing for us.
    But i did get a chance to go swimmimg. DONT DO IT the water is coldddddddddddd!
    I found a hole and my friend was laughing his tail off. Lost my blackberry from work, and lost some pride. But thats fishing.
    The water was muddy and moving.:(