Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the beach again tonight got 5 eyes 22",2 24",28" and a 30".Also caught two smallies,a white bass and a largemouth.Again hooked around 10 more eyes that got off.Heres a pic of the big one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was down there at noon yesterday. Four trailers in the lot. Docks were in. Electronic sign was on and operational. I don’t think they have dredged yet. It can get pretty shallow until you get past the first breakwall, especially tough on the bigger boats.

·
TeamOGF
6,989 Posts
Nice catch! :B

I didn't realize that kind of fishing is available to shore fishermen on Erie.

Good job landing them. !%

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
nice fish..

just goes to show... one can nail huge fish @ nite anywhere on lake erie..

Thanks for the report!!!!

and congrats!!!

Frank

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where can u fish from in ashtabula i am not fimilar with that area?
Lake shore park,Walnut beach breakwall,Conneaut breakwall,Geneva west breakwall,mouth of Whitmans creek they have been along the shore here.Dont know for how much longer because PA. is starting to pick up more every night.Tuesday they came in right at dark,wednesday at 10 and last night they really didnt turn on till midnight.The emerald shiners have been thick,find them and the eyes will be there.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Nice catch! :B

I didn't realize that kind of fishing is available to shore fishermen on Erie.

Good job landing them. !%
You are missing out ! Get up here (Huron) late fall (Late October to ice up) and early spring (ice out throught the middle of May). Nothing like sticking a pig eye slow retrieving a stick.

·
Registered
337 Posts
sir I am tyhinking of coming up sun nite to try my luck with my future fatherinlaw and his son any info would be great never tried at nite were at park place thank u for your time matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts