Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been my favorite place to go since I started fishing Erie three years ago, and this year has showed me why! For 5 weeks straight 2 and 3 trips a week we have been slaughtering those poor eyes! Morning trips, afternoon trips....doesn't seem to matter. Also the biggest fish to come on my boat yet! 31 inches 11.35 lbs! The best part about that, it was my 6 & 10 year old boys first trip up with me for eyes, and my 10 year old reeled it in! They are hooked! We limited out on eyes early and then polished the afternoon up with A crap ton of perch! The boys were amazed that the perch were biting bare hooks when we ran out of minnows...Hell, so was I! One of the best days of my life! Something me and the boys will never forget! Tonight was one of those amazing nights as well...lines in at 1:30 and 25 fish later it was not quite 7. With many dropped fish to boot. Gotta love bula!!!

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Great fishing RG,my favorite days on the lake have been with the kids. The amount of effort it takes from dad to pull it off is all worth it when the fish start coming in. Bula has been unreal this year.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great fishing RG,my favorite days on the lake have been with the kids. The amount of effort it takes from dad to pull it off is all worth it when the fish start coming in. Bula has been unreal this year.
ty! The fishing has been so good for us the later part of this year it makes me think I might know a little bit about the big pond now. LOL!

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
The cool summer helped keep a ton of fish in the area for a long time. Hope they stay there for another month.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is awesome love to hear getting children involved my kids are hooked as well. And I have a 10 year old and 13 year old girls

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Do work son.
326 Posts
That's awesome man that's what it's all about. Nothing better you can do for a kid than take them fishing.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Nice to see the little guys all had life vests on, teaching them right! What an awesome day to get a mixed dag of eyes and perch. Doesn't get much better.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ty all! Definitely some special memories we made.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How far out are you going? Have a smaller boat but man, I need some of them eyes! Thanks...
02-04 line as of lately...My boat is only 16ft, but I know what it can do and I don't take risks! Be smart and you'll be fine!

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,364 Posts
i HAVE A 18 FT BOAT. i TAKE MY BOYS OUT QUITE A BIT. nOTHING REPLACES A SMILE OR GRIN, WHEN THEY PULL IIN A BIG FISH. mY BOYS ARE ALMOST THE SAME AGE AS YOURS. Stupid computer just figured out caps was on. sorry. Great ctches on walleye and perch. nothing beats a perch bite with the kids.

This has been my favorite place to go since I started fishing Erie three years ago, and this year has showed me why! For 5 weeks straight 2 and 3 trips a week we have been slaughtering those poor eyes! Morning trips, afternoon trips....doesn't seem to matter. Also the biggest fish to come on my boat yet! 31 inches 11.35 lbs! The best part about that, it was my 6 & 10 year old boys first trip up with me for eyes, and my 10 year old reeled it in! They are hooked! We limited out on eyes early and then polished the afternoon up with A crap ton of perch! The boys were amazed that the perch were biting bare hooks when we ran out of minnows...Hell, so was I! One of the best days of my life! Something me and the boys will never forget! Tonight was one of those amazing nights as well...lines in at 1:30 and 25 fish later it was not quite 7. With many dropped fish to boot. Gotta love bula!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts