Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some information about the Lake Shore Park Boat Ramp.
I am looking to go out this Saturday to try my luck at perch fishing. Can you launch from the ramp anytime? It looks like you have to pay to use the ramp? Is it real busy on Saturday Morning? I will probably be by myself and I will have to leave the boat tied to the ramp dock while I drive the trailer up to park it, will this be a problem?
Any information any body can give me will greatly be appricated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Fairly shallow ramp. Keep your motor a trimmed up a little bit. Id get there early fairly early before it gets "too" busy. Hope you nail em. We've been pounding the perch off of Conneaut. That's where we'll be

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Rod. Do you know if there is a paticular time they open or is it always open?
Do you have to pay to use the ramp?

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's $6 to launch. You pay at the bait shop. Parking can get tight there on the weekends and the ramp will be busy. hey have several courtesy docks attached to the main launch so it's not too bad launching on your own.

In my experience, the bait shop isn't real reliable for having shiners. I'd call ahead or bring some salted ones if you're going perching and don't want to wait for a long time for the bait guy to show up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Pro! Any idea how many FOW the perch are sitting right now? Or should I just head North out of Lake Shore Park and look for boats?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I got there last Saturday at 5:30 and they were open by then. No minnies and they didn't expect the truck for another hour. But neither did Snug or Geneva bait last weekend...I'll be out there perching this weekend as well in Bula. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Misdirection! I think I will just grab some Minnows from a local bait shop near me here in Ravenna and they can just make the ride up there in my arrator bucket!
How many FOW will I find the Perch in?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Keep in mind that perch prefer emerald shiners that come from the lake...that's what you'll be buying up there. If emeralds are tight, sometimes they will have goldies...not sure minnows from your local bait store will work as well...but they will be better than frozen ones:)

Last week there were two perch packs. The one further north out in 64' of water did better from the people I talked to. I think that pack was close to 5-6 miles out in the lake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right on! Thanks for all of the information. I am very much a rookie when it comes to the big lake fishing.
Hoping I can limit out and put a few in the freezer.
Good luck to you!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Right on! Thanks for all of the information. I am very much a rookie when it comes to the big lake fishing.
Hoping I can limit out and put a few in the freezer.
Good luck to you!
Just be careful out there...Saturday morning is likely to be a little snotty out there...wouldn't want Nicklesman to have to pull you out of the water as he did some other fisherman earlier this year!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts