Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ended up getting on the water around 2pm. Went straight NE out of Ashtabula to the 04/56 line and started trolling east at 2.5mph. I had 2 dipsys at 3.5 @ 220-200 1 dipsy at 2.5 @ 168, 1 dipsy at 0 @ 160, downrigger @66 FOW. Ran stingers with pooh bear being good. It died off and Bumble bee and silver with a blue strips did great in the evening. Ended up with two tickets of eyes. One was 7.5lbs. and 4 steelhead all between 20-25 inches long. Water was great, it never rained and the waves were 2' or less down to almost nothing by 8pm when we left the water.

NOTE: This trip was on the 27th. I placed the wrong date in the subject. I posted it on the 28th

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Toxic, nice bunch of fish. It seems thats the hot
spot right now. I noticed alot of anglers are doing
better during the afternoon than in the morning.
Were you using the larger spoons?

Thanks

Bill

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,044 Posts
HEY! that program sounds familure:p LOL..im glad to hear you didn't let the weather stop you. nice batch of fish there. i hope you didn't get em all. im back up tuesday and maybe wednseday.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ez, yeah that sounds real familiar LOL. They are still there. We almost had the whole lake to ourselves.

Evileye, we caught them on the 3 3/4" stingers.

·
FishBum
2,526 Posts
Nice report Toxic...I hope to get out that way tomorrow!

I'm still confused about the lines you guys mention. My GPS shows the longitute and latitude lines for instance 82* Long 45* Latitude etc....what are these numbers you guys are talking about.....Thanks for the help! What is the 04/56 line mean? Do I nead a special chart for these numbers?

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice report Toxic...I hope to get out that way tomorrow!

I'm still confused about the lines you guys mention. My GPS shows the longitute and latitude lines for instance 82* Long 45* Latitude etc....what are these numbers you guys are talking about.....Thanks for the help! What is the 04/56 line mean? Do I nead a special chart for these numbers?

Alighthouse is right. Those are the middle numbers. Put these numbers into your GPS N42.04.000/W80.56.000. I'm heading back up in an hour and a half. :B

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
lat is divided into degrees for every degree there is 60 minutes which is 60 miles. 42 degrees 56minutes is 4mi. to43 degrees, 43 degrees 04 minutes is 4miles past the 43 degrees, therefore it is 8miles between42 degrees 56 minutes and 43 degrees04 minutes. hopes helps lat. and long measured the same

1 - 11 of 11 Posts