Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great day on the lake! The bite was kind of slow today but I learned a lot. Went out with Walley Wacker and learned a ton of stuff that will save me money. Well actually it will cost me a ton but I won't be wasting it on stuff that does not work...LOL. We ended up with 10 by 2:30 and lost a ton of fish. 4 of the fish we landed had the hooks come out in the net. I don't know how many times I replaced crawlers that only had their tails bit off. It seemed the fish that were biting were not very aggressive. I lost 3 fish on a reef runner too....
It's usually pretty hard for me to meet new people I am kind of shy and reserved till I get to know someone, but I am so glad I went. Chase and his gang are great people. I have met a lot of good people on this site.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Glad to see you got out with WW. It's always good to fish with other people and learn new things. I learned a ton from the guys on my dock which really helped me out in years past.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Banned
759 Posts
Had fun buddy sucks we couldn't really get things to go but that's why it's called fishing we shoulda had at least 18 we lost way to many today!!! Nice meeting ya tho I hope I helped ya out buddy.. Good luck

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
We struggled big time today. We got 3 tickets last weekend. But only managed 5 fish today. Was on the water before day break and saw a totally awesome sunrise. But we had no fish in the box at noon. We also had pull backs that only bit half the crawler. Which tells me to slow down. But we kept the cranks going at 2.0 to 2.2 for some dumb reason...lol
We fished from the 00 - 06 N line to the 46 - 51 W line. All the fish we marked were down 58' to 63' down. Not sure we had anything in the boat to get us down that deep. The few times we did mark fish up in the 50' to 55' range, we seemed to get bit. Like last week, we caught a bunch of sheep again today. One that was a monster... Oh well, I think I am done until the fish come back in toward shore more... Sounded like a lot of people struggled today, and sounded like some guys found them as well. But the guys who did find them were pretty hush hush on giving to much info on it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts