Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished today with 2 of my friends Keith and Eric.Bite was hot @ daybreak until 0900 for us then it was a slow pick.cranked her out a lil further today,as far north as i've been this year 11 miles north of the harbor.Brought home 12 nice eyes no fish ohio's today.3oz 95 to 120 back took all the fish with 110 being best.trolled with the waves.Lost a few today on half way in but still wasnt gonna limit regardless.nice talking to all my friends out there.Lake was perfect!!Many struggled today must be the full moon???Enjoy the pics.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
nice job Jeff you had a good day. how does your boat steer with those trollin bags. dont like them on my boat, i cant leave the wheel.

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice job Jeff you had a good day. how does your boat steer with those trollin bags. dont like them on my boat, i cant leave the wheel.
Never touched the wheel all day....I leave that up to my auto pilot.His name is Terrova.:):)
Thanks for the reply,from the radio talk,many struggled.The dnr survey guy met me @ the ramp (for the 5th time this year) and told me two tickets was the best he saw for the day so far....I've told him 5 times now the state needs to lower the limit to 4 or 5.lol

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
The dnr survey guy met me @ the ramp (for the 5th time this year) and told me two tickets was the best he saw for the day so far....I've told him 5 times now the state needs to lower the limit to 4 or 5.lol
Or increase the number of rods... :D

Hey Jeff, that boat looks awful familiar... ;) Nice bunch of fish there. Once we left you guys, we started a North troll and found a little honey hole and picked up another 6 for our 13. Just could not get off that unlucky number.

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or increase the number of rods... :D

Hey Jeff, that boat looks awful familiar... ;) Nice bunch of fish there. Once we left you guys, we started a North troll and found a little honey hole and picked up another 6 for our 13. Just could not get off that unlucky number.
Glad to hear you got into em,the am bite was good and kept my crew working but after 0900 like i said we couldnt figure out how to keep em snapping.I heard there were several charters that did not limit yesterday,from bula and geneva.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Glad to hear you got into em,the am bite was good and kept my crew working but after 0900 like i said we couldnt figure out how to keep em snapping.I heard there were several charters that did not limit yesterday,from bula and geneva.
Yep, that doesn't surprise me in the least. The biters were few and far between, and when you found them you had to keep turning back on them.

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
If you want to limit you gota hit em really good or your hanging out till mid afternoon...Those 8hr trips might turn into a 9.5hr trips...Thats what I have been doing to fill the coolers when necessary and keep clients happy!...+ I enjoy being out there...

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
they all look good to me, but it wont be long now. i,ll be at geneva on the 7th or bust,LOL. im still not sure which boat i,ll be in for sure, the old 21 fter or my new old 28 fter. i go to court on the 3rd to get a court order for a title. if they give it to me then, i,ll be good to go.

im rigging the big boat now. but in this heat i just cant do much. i got 2 riggers mounted yesterday, and i am installing an electric winch today. i,ve got to do alittle cutting and drilling to get it to fit.

you guys keep them rounded up for me until i get there,LOL. just dont catch em all.
sherman

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
Nice pic's there bud...your becoming quite the photograher:D ****** has his pic on the mantle(thank's). Only faired two better than you at 14.I gotta thank that to the morning quadruple...my first with the boards. Had only one 29in FO. The fish were running a little smaller than the past two weeks but that's good to see. Gonna get the I-Pilot soon. Just too much to steer,bait up,run lines, and net fish. WHEW!

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
I noticed that yesterday too. Gonna have the I-Pilot on my boat soon. I have the same boat as Dbl J but red. It works very well on his boat!

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you want to limit you gota hit em really good or your hanging out till mid afternoon...Those 8hr trips might turn into a 9.5hr trips...Thats what I have been doing to fill the coolers when necessary and keep clients happy!...+ I enjoy being out there...
I love being out there too,but i already have my guys up early to be @ my house for 0430 departure so i can splash the boat @ 0530.even then lines arent set till 0600.by noon yesterday i couldnt see hanging around for a few more fish.Its a long day once we get home clean fish/boat,couldnt wait to jump in the pool!
snook
you had a good day too....is ******'s pic keeping the mice @ bay? lol

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'll have to start measuring more fish,,there's a few on my table that resemble FO'S.yesterday morning i was busier then a one arm paper hanger,trying to keep all the hooks in the water!lol

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
snook
you had a good day too....is ******'s pic keeping the mice @ bay? lol
Mice are gone...but now my kid's won't stay there anymore:( When the lights go out they think there is a ghost in the house because of his glowing(white) hair in the pic Lol! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts