Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of conny today with Snook,Randy, and Jeff L.Ran due north and just over the 07n line in 76fow we were greeted with a screen of fish on the Lowrance that was worth writing home about.Without any discussion I set the Terrova on anchor mode and we immediately started picking jumbos and the cooler filled quickly with our 4 man limit.Todays cooler was simply amazing as the true jumbos have started to feed heavily! Bait was my frozen emeralds and the perch were smack on the bottom.Deepest water I've ever perched in for sure but the marks were scarce until we slid over the 07n.

Good luck if you get out

Double J

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eyedreamin
filet hand is fine and ready for more...1 hr done!18lbs of skinless boneless meat!

fishing addiction
biggest 13.5''

hearttxp
2 to the lb is awesome i know we were right there but didnt weigh em for a live weight

steelhead fever
about 8.5 miles out 2 to 4's today out of the sw

doesnt get any better than today in my book

Double J

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
You must have some good endurance.
Oh ya one more thing, I have a terova also. The spot lock feature for perch jerkn on a calm day is freakn kick a#$. When they stop bitting, simply start drifting again. Once you find some active feeders, hit the spot lock. It sure beats pulling up 150' of anchor line all day, and your not spooking the fish with the thud of an anchor hitting the bottom.

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You must have some good endurance.
Oh ya one more thing, I have a terova also. The spot lock feature for perch jerkn on a calm day is freakn kick a#$. When they stop bitting, simply start drifting again. Once you find some active feeders, hit the spot lock. It sure beats pulling up 150' of anchor line all day, and your not spooking the fish with the thud of an anchor hitting the bottom.
couldnt agree more...happy to see it held true in 2 to 4's today!!!!I like that terrova more and more every trip!

felt sorry for the poor guy trying to anchor by me.he couldnt hold out there! I joked to the guys we should let him tie off to us lol He kept drifting/dragging by.would be a good commercial for minnkota.

B thomas and Got one talked me into the terrova, i owe em.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Way to go guys! Man those are some nice fish! What a table of fish. I hope to try fishing out that way Saturday.

Jeff any walleye marks?:D

John

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Way to go guys! Man those are some nice fish! What a table of fish. I hope to try fishing out that way Saturday.

Jeff any walleye marks?:D

John
No walleye marks and the water was pretty dirty even on the 07.

Another double bagger would sure be nice though;);) sat would be a good day to try it!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Lol. That's funny stuff.
Ya def one of my better investments.
The only down fall was building the extra battery box for the 3 Sears platinum batteries.
I think I added 275lbs to my Fishmaster.
It is also nice to slow roll some Colorado's. You can fish tight to the boat and up high with out chasing them away from the boat.
Ok enough terova talk. Gotta get some rest. Headed to huron in the a.m. getting our prefish on!

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,479 Posts
eyedreamin
filet hand is fine and ready for more...1 hr done!18lbs of skinless boneless meat!

fishing addiction
biggest 13.5''

hearttxp
2 to the lb is awesome i know we were right there but didnt weigh em for a live weight

steelhead fever
about 8.5 miles out 2 to 4's today out of the sw

doesnt get any better than today in my book

Double J
DJ yours looked to be in the same area as 2to1# ? But yes that sounds like one of those days you never forget !

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Shoulder appears to be holding on nicely...lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts