close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Around Town Fish Today

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by brhoff, May 21, 2007.

1. Managed an hour or so at each spot:

Olentangy, I caught a Bluegill so small that I wasn't sure it was a fish...wading behind Antrim...doesn't surprise me, I am very new to creek fishing.

Antrim, loaded with big Trout, no clu how to catch them, no one around the lake was managing either. Tossed some dry flies, streamers and some nymphs...nada for me.

Caught 14" Large Mouth in Gahanna pond, Lot's more around but I only had about 45 minutes there and they are super spooky, the pond is getting thrashed this spring...heavy pressure.

Lake of the Woods, Hoover. Got into about 12 crappie, several tiny Bluegill and surprisingly one White Bass about 11"...not sure why it was back there...all caught on Hares Ear Nymph, wading. The guys on shore weren't catching anything BUT I do not reccomend wading the Lake of the Woods unless your very sure footed and into bushwhacking it.

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

sounds like a good way to spend the day.

How deep is the river behind antrim? i would like to wade it. i know by being at antrim and going down off the bank it seemed pretty deep in spots. i have hip waders and am 6-6'1 feet tall. ya think i could manage.

thanks for the report.

3. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

The river there is very wadable, there are some holes but most spots under 3 feet, its a bit shallower than darby.