Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Some just babble without reading the information that’s out there.
Right .... Except for the fact that it was said that the teachers that would be eligible were those that could pass the concealed class plus an addition 24 hours training. I say arn every person that can be legally armed to protect our children after passing a mental evaluation. Sending your kids to school should be one of the safest places you can send them. Unfortunately that's not the case

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I'm glad my kids are out of grade school as of last month.

I think it's pretty pathetic that law has been passed to arm our teachers. Their job is to educate, not defend the classroom. Give schools the money to install proper access control doors and hire security, not arm the teachers. Nothing good can become of this.
So are you saying if this happened at one of your kids schools you wouldn't want a staff member to have the opportunity to permanently end the threat and protect YOUR kids lives?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
You want to protect the children in our schools the only thing that stops a psychopath with a gun is another person with a gun, not laws/red flag laws, not feelings, not banning assault rifles etc. Criminals and psychopaths will get guns outside of the law if needed.

When you finally see a hand full of psychopaths entering our schools trying to hurt our kids and they are stopped by armed staff, others will think twice of doing it again. They love unarmed targets with the best probability of them making a name for themselves. HB 99 Provides the school districts the ability to defend their kids and most will ensure those that are armed are capable and willing. It isn't forcing anyone to arm themselves, it affords the ability for those that want to protect the kids in our schools as needed.
Here you go it's already happened

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
"Your" Idea" is what we call talking in circles. The second Amendment will never be repealed so move on to real answers (not political ones) protect those kids, deter the bad from coming there.
What's best is that ole fishtale or whatever his handle is thinks the general public has access to assault weapons. I guess this glass of sweet tea I'm drinking right now could TECHNICALLY be an assault weapon if I hit someone hard enough. Or maybe waterboarded them with the tea it's self.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
It's not necessarily a teacher thats armed. It's staff and no one broadcasts who they are! Two schools in my county have had this for years! It's a deterrent!
Just like carrying concealed you don't want people knowing your armed. You would be the first one to get wacked. Are you suggesting that it gets made public Info which teachers are carrying ?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
You guys ever notice the only stories you see pop up on news feeds of this are teachers saying they have nightmares of other teachers having guns wouldn't go to work if other teachers or staff could carry. They say an armed teacher has no chance of stopping an armed attack on the school.

You get the idea. They don't show the thousands of story's from teachers and staff IN favor of this. Personally I would feel light-years more comfortable sending my son to school everyday knowing that, should something happen. My boy isn't waiting on the police to get there even though the cop shop is on the same road as my son's school they still can't always get there right away.

Just a few weeks ago they arrested a kid from tusc. County at Edison Jr high here in Perry that showed up with a gun because he had a beef with someone at the school. I personally know they female officer that made the arrest. She is also the SRO for our school district. Notice you don't see this all over the news or the multiple other ones that are stopped by our guys and girls in blue.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
One cannot shoot up a school if one cannot get inside said school with a gun. End of story. Spend the money on security measures and throw the rest of this nonsense out the door. My wife wouldn't teach at a district with armed teachers and staff, nor would she carry a firearm.

I'll say this again...you can't shoot up a classroom full of kids if you can't get into the classroom. The teacher doesn't need a gun, the janitor doesn't need a gun, the principal doesn't need a gun. The school needs to be secure. Period.
The issue with that is theirs ways around lock systems. The best security systems in the world get hacked on a regular basis. All locks do is keep an honest person honest.

The only way to cure a psychopath that would shoot up a school or anywhere for that matter is with a lead injection. Preferably between the eyes but a full clip to center mass will do just as well.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
My point is, people seem to have an irrational and emotional fear of guns and horrors they hypothetically could cause, while ignoring real every day dangers. Statistically, gun violence in schools is way, way, way less prevalent than drug related injuries and death, yet I don't hear the same emotional response. Why is that? The same goes for cars or school buses. People are letting their emotions dictate their reality, and that needs to stop. We need decisions made on facts, not emotional fantasy.
If only guns were half as dangerous as people believe they are. I sat my carry gun on the table one-day, told it to go shoot.... It never moved. Funny how that works

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.