Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I am what I eat.
1,648 Posts
Every class room has a fire extinguisher. How many teachers are trained fire fighters? Are they expecting a fire? No. But, it's nice that the extinguisher is there if it's needed.

Also, if a person doesn't have the mental capacity to safely handle a firearm, should that person really be a teacher?

·
I am what I eat.
1,648 Posts
Kidding right?
No, I'm not kidding. It's harder to learn to drive a car safely than it is to learn firearm safety. Would you consider someone who couldn't learn to drive a car safely be smart enough/qualified to be a teacher?

·
I am what I eat.
1,648 Posts
Most teachers are good people. But I knew some that I wouldn't want anywhere near a gun with my kids or grandkids in the school. NO TEACHER OR ADMINISTRATOR should be allowed to have a gun in a school unless they've had a ton of psychological screening and training.
But what about the bus drivers? Careening down the highway, in what is essentially a huge battering ram filled with children, at any speed they choose. I hope they are all psychologically vetted.

·
I am what I eat.
1,648 Posts
Yes this is correct, while we are expanding the worry factor. Just how sharp are those kitchen utensils again, what tensile strength steel. Could land a dangerous blow in the hands of the untrained, the unvetted.
Let us know contemplate the quarter staff (mop handle) in the hand of the untrained janitor (martial arts practitioner). How will we ever know if they have...
My point is, people seem to have an irrational and emotional fear of guns and horrors they hypothetically could cause, while ignoring real every day dangers. Statistically, gun violence in schools is way, way, way less prevalent than drug related injuries and death, yet I don't hear the same emotional response. Why is that? The same goes for cars or school buses. People are letting their emotions dictate their reality, and that needs to stop. We need decisions made on facts, not emotional fantasy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.