Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fish from the bank and i have not been having any success at hoover or alum. I do not know of any good places but i hear by the bridges but i never seem to catch anything. could some one point me in the right direction so i could hook some fish before it gets to cold lol. I am used to fishing the New River in West Virginia.

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
Shore fishing the reservoirs is tough this time of year. Plenty good in the spring and fall but when the fish are deep, you need to find shoreline with deep access. Right now at Hoover, I have been catching all my fish in 12-15 FOW. check out the topo maps on the DNR web and find places you can get to from shore that have deep water. Or fish the rivers/creeks.

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
I am used to fishing the New River in West Virginia.
Huh? I assure you, the New River is 10 times as difficult to figure out and fish than any stream in Ohio.
If you are truly used to fishing the New, apply those same techniques to any stream around and you will surely have success.

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,161 Posts
I spent a day on the New last year and didn't do nearly as well as I do up here. Of course, our river guide gave us about 20 seconds to fish a hole before moving on to the next, which drove me absolutely bananas, but I digress...

Bubbagon's right; smallies abound in our rivers and streams...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Big Darby south of Camp Chase Railroad.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
For bank fishing, minnows (they catch everything)....+ slip bobbers till you find the depth the fish are at. Sometimes the best places are the hardest to get to. Easiest places to get to are usually fished out.

You can do it squealdeal.....lots of honey-holes still out there to be found. After you find one, keep looking for more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts