close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are you Superstitious?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Basskisser1, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

I was just curious to see if anyone has any fishing superstitions? I have a few. If you catch a fish on your first cast, then chances are you would not catch another fish on that trip.So we try to get our first cast out of the way fast. My husband caught a white bass on his first cast last night, and then he didn't catch another fish the whole evening. Another superstition is hot early, cold late. If you are hammering them early in the trip, you will cool down later. I also don't like to bring a net. (unless we are in the boat.) My husband has a problem with that superstition of mine. Also if the wind is blowing down stream, you won't catch any. And then my last one is, if you are having a good trip don't talk about it, because if you start talking about hammering the fish, it will turn them off. :eek:

Mari

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

I definately have a few clothing items that I associate with being lucky but I think I usually just pray alot for good fishing! : )

3. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

Nice website....I was reading about your goals for 2005. I too have fishing goals, or I refer to them as a Wish List. :B This year one of my wishes came true. I caught two Northern's. Thanks to River Walker for telling us where to go. I've only caught one other pike in my life and that was when we were fishing South Bass Island, we were around by the bay bass fishing and I caught a pike. He was up in the shallows feeding. He ate my soft craw. It was very exciting.
    Cool website!

Mari

4. I also have a problem with the net thing. Seams like every time I take one with me I don't catch a thing,(except when I'm flyfishing for trout.) My son also beleives this because if I get a net out he says "Well we're not going to catch any today!" And the sad part is it's true about 99% of the time. :D