close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are you a hunter...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by atrkyhntr, Jul 14, 2004.

1. I fish & do not hunt

21.0%
  2. I hunt only when I can't fish

3.2%
  3. I hunt & fish an equal amount of time

19.4%
  4. I hunt more then fish

4.8%
  5. I fish more then hunt

32.3%
  6. I can't decide which I like more

22.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lets see what type of we have on here...

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I used to love to hunt more than anything, I slowly lost interest and now dont do it anymore.

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I tried hunting a few times years ago but the game was too fast for me! I mostly just liked walking around the woods. I think I just ended up blasting pop cans that were already out there.

I would try hunting again for birds like turkey, but no one I know is really into hunting.

4. May be able to help you this coming spring ;)

5. i hunt mostly just deer and only on private land. public land is just way to dangerous. man fishing not even near over with yet and you already got me thinking of deer hunting :p :p

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I fish as long as there is no ice on the water. Once deer season hits I am in the woods with my bow or shotgun looking for deer. I will do both in the same weekend as long as I can get the boat in the water. Thanksgiving I usually fish Friday and Saturday, take Sunday off, and hunt Monday and Tuesday.

7. I really enjoyed rabbit and pheasant hunting with my beagles as well as squirrel hunting and deer. Now I only deer hunt during bow season but might pot a few squirrels this comming season. :)

8. I think there is something wrong with me guys. I fish quite a bit but my passion is for hunting. Over the years my fishing has declined and hunting has increased. I just love to be in the woods with mother nature............ Rich

9. It just depends on the time of year. I've been obsessed with whitetails for as long as I can remember, but the flathead bug bit me a few years ago. I'll fish or hunt for anything, but those two take up about 80% of my free time.

10. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i fish most of the year but love to deer hunt i bow hunted 4 times last year then hunted gun week but i want to get into duck hunting more i think the apeal of it is that you have people around you that you can talk to and harass each other like fishing but i like being in the woods by my self anticipating hearing that first shot opening morning of deer season wating for that brown sploch to move or the flick of a white tail and cracking off that first round when that cold gun be comes warm and you start shaking .......man i love that............jim

11. I fish and don't hunt, mainly because I haven't had the opportunity. I have nothing against hunting and have hunted before, just don't now. I'll get out there one of these years.

12. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I fish from ice off untill the first day of bow season. I'm a BIG bow hunter and I love my waterfowl too. I also rifle and muzzleloader hunt for deer in PA and find time for some pheasant, grouse and squirrel.

13. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Bowhunted for 25 years HARD, many states per year.

Last 5 or 6 years just hunting deer, normally with a muzzleloader.

I still love hunting, but the killing part isn't nearly as easy as it once was.

Kim

14. I fish more than anything, but I love to hunt deer, and rabbit. I got a 19 point buck last year at Egypt Valley!!!

15. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i like them both equally but in the last several years the time i've been able to go fishing has really taken a nose dive.
    squirrel hunting is my favorite.i really enjoy being in the woods in the fall and i like squirrel probably better than any other game.
    last november i finally got to go elk hunting in n.w. colorado and made my mind up when i got home that i would go again in the next several years.i see alot of game year round where i live but the sheer numbers of elk,mule deer and pronghorn i saw in colorado was amazing.in craig colorado they have a saying that there are 2 kinds of people,those who have hit a deer with their car,and those that are going to.
    the 2 memories of that hunt that will stick with me the longest was sitting on top of one of the foothills one morning which overlooked a large valley and watching the sun move across that valley then lighting up the mountains.
    the 2nd is when we packed out our meat on horseback.it was several miles and it snowed pretty hard the whole time.hard work but one great experience.
    if any of you guys have ever considered going on an elk hunt do youselves a favor and do it.i wish i had started going out there when i was younger.

16. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

only hunt waterfowl these days,cant bring myself to shoot deer anymore.

17. I like to hunt but I love to fish and usually fish right through hunting season. I get out for pheasant and rabbit a few times and try to get out for deer. I love eating wild game though, all kinds of it.

18. I could never pick between hunting and fishing. I've hunted everything legal in the state of Ohio, but for the last several years it's been deer only. I only harvest mature bucks by bow or blackpowder now; so my hunting has turned into more "watching" than anything, but I enjoy nothing better than time spent perched in a tree :) During the deer season I spend 3 days/week in the woods - rain or shine all season long.

The same could be said of my fishing habits. This season I had my boat out 4 times in February :eek: I spend at least 3 days a week from March - October fishing somewhere by boat or on shore.

I basically spend every free moment hunting & fishing, or talking about it! :D

19. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

I spend more time on the water than in the woods, only because it's hard to get out hunting during the school year. I love to hunt deer, squirrel, rabbit and pheasent. If not for school I would probably spend about the same time hunting as fishing.

20. I traded my 12g. in for a nikon about 15 years ago. Had a tough time trying to throw 'em back once they were downed :D My 9 year old son has shown an interest in hunting for a couple of years now. I started last year to hone my skills so I could teach him the proper way. Picked up a German short hair pointer pup a little over a month ago. Dog has a real sense of self. If he keeps it up, he might find himself on a one way plane ride to Korea as a dinner guest :eek: