close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ARE they biting better now?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by leckig, Aug 24, 2005.

1. It got cooler, how are you guys doing? I have not smell "them slime" since about 2 months! My hands are drying out :)

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Still catching them consistantly.....have been through the heat.

The bite will start to pick up...i love the fall bite best for ALL species!!

Scott

3. when usually the fall bit starts and how long does it last? I have to go back to Poland in Oct 7 to Nov 2 (will stop in England for 3 days, someone need something?) and I am afraid I may miss the best fishing time.
    How does it usually work?

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

The "hot" bite normally starts when temps. start to stay under 85 degrees and the length of the day light starts to get short..about the begining of Sept. is the normal time.

The bite will be at its best when water temps are in the 65-70 degree range(for me) and will continue on down to 50 degrees and below. I find the best time for the biggest fish is fall as they will be putting on weight for the upcoming winter.
    I will catch them all the way until the bite almost stops in late Dec. and will pick up again in Feb. most years.

Bring on the falling leaves and cool nights.....

Scott

5. hey, this is good news then!

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

And no matter what others may tell you , carp DO bite in the dead of winter too..i have a lot of proof of this:

[​IMG]

7. wow, this is a big one!
    I need to catch a carp. Looking at this one you are holding, I'm starting to think that his lips look kind of sexy... lol

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Greg, you need to get out more..thats sick man!!!

LOL,
    Scott

9. BornToFish

BornToFish Smallmouth Rule

Amen RiverRat! To everything you said on this thread.

10. I am thinking to go to Alum Marina on Sat. What do you think, is that a good idea? Maybe someone wants to join?