close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

are their any fishery biologist out their?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boaterfisherdude, Nov 2, 2007.

1. i am doin a reserch paper for school on fishery biologest to figure out if i want to be one when i grow up. i need to interview one and was wondering if any members on this site are fishery biologest. if you are and wouldnt mind sparing some of you time for a couple of questions that would be great. thanks

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

If you call any of the ODNR offices they will put you in contact with one. I've spoken to fish biologists many times taking that route.

3. You can contact Mike at the Cleveland Metroparks for some good info. You can find him on the 'steelheadsite' (PM me for more info if you want to go that route) or thru the metroparks website:

"If you have a photo that you would like to contribute to the fishing report, or if you have any further questions regarding fishing in the Cleveland Metroparks, you may contact Aquatic Biologist Mike Durkalec at (440) 331-8017 or md@clevelandmetroparks.com"

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

There is one in District 3 at the Portage Lakes named Matt Wolfe. He is a great guy who has been in the chat room here a couple times answering questions. He is always there to help at my clubs annual kids fishing derby and our annual conservation project. Just from knowing him I can bet he would be excited to help you out. The District 3 ODNR office number is 330-644-2293

5. catking

catking Banned

Research " fishman" . He is a member on this site and has a degree in that area. THE CATKING !!! :)

6. i have to do that too. I was thinking of visiting a fishery.

7. Matt is a great guy but, unfortunately, he is no longer w/ODW. He got homesick and moved back to his native South Dakota a few months back.

KODIAK