close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Are the White Bass hitting at C.J Brown?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Chuck P., May 21, 2007.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Thinking of hitting C.J Brown, over by Moorefield, tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Anyone having any luck out there with the White Bass?

TIA...

2. On and off! Friday and Sat afternoon we just killed them but went Sunday morning and only caught 2. Hope this helps....

3. Chuck P.

That's a glimmer of hope anyway. They should be turning on big time shortly. I just need a couple anyway :)

Have you seen any carp jumping around/spawning yet?

4. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

Well we all hope that...usually the WB spawn/run is already done and over with...especially down around new moorefield, take if from me...I live on the creek bank this time of year, but with this warmer weather this week it could turn it around for the best...as far as carp, lol, well the carp have been in the creek

5. Where did you kill them at on Friday and Saturday? I was near the bridge both days and didn't see anyone really doing anything. Was I in the wrong spot?

6. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

well according to my thoughts on the situation...the WB run is over...only been able to catch very few small jacks and spawned out females for the past 2 days... so all hopes of glory were shot down :( , but there is always next year and around the rocks and marina still this year...it looks like cattin' time to me

7. Chuck P.

I didn't make it to Moorefield today. I went to Clark Lake and grab some shad and went cattin' instead.

Ended up with 6 Flatheads but they just didn't have any size to 'em at all. Largest was a 10lber.

Oh well, now I have an excuse to go again :)

8. Tsmokiee----We were fishing near the rocks by the dam BUT I have been twice since and only caught a few. The fish were not on the bank they were out in about 15-20 ft water. I would agree that the spawn is over ending. Last night we went out and caught a lot of crappie but only 2 white bass. Hope this helps and good luck.

9. yes it does explain alot thanks... I was there on the rocks by the dam last night too.. Caught 2 small crappie and a bluegill and that was it..The guy next to me caught a very nice whitebass, I would say 15" or so, but that was it.

Gonna take the boat out on Friday and see if I can catch them in a little deeper water.

10. I'll be there in the morning at daylight, I'll have my 4 year old daughter with me so you will probably hear us coming? We'll be in a Blue bass boat with Bumblebee on the side if you want to say Hi. Good Luck

11. cool...I'll keep an eye out for ya :)

12. Me and my 19 year old daughter will be their in the morning at day light , we will be in a blue & white Sylvan Deep -v , I will look for you. I am a little guy , can't miss me ! Good luck,

Keep fishin" :B

13. I was fishing by the dam this morning, we had more than we wanted to clean. My daughter (4) caught a bluegill/bream that she swears would go 5 pounds. I told her that she was about 4 1/2 heavy she said nope it is a 5 pounder for sure. ha We were finished and off of the water around 9;30. Hope you caught a bunch.

14. tosmokiee-- Nice talking to ya this morning, hope you caught a bunch.

15. Nice meeting you too bud...

We had a great day :) The crappie were fun this morning and we got into the White Bass this evening, just got done cleaning them and now trying to find some lotion to put on my sunburn :)

Hope to meet up with you again soon...